Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simmons on his pod with Jim Miller mentioned that ESPN is going to be unveiling a streaming site for niche sports.  This is where I'm guessing some of the smaller prospect laden TR cards are going to end up. 

Hopefully they pick up some of the bigger Japanese and European cards.

The Real Story of Seanie Monahan vs Marcus Browne
From Rick Glaser's Facebook:

This is not a "rumors abound" post, this is as factual and real as a heart attack. For all of you that think Al Haymon and Lou Dibella are good guys and legit, please read the following very closely. Last night, Seanie Monaghan fought Marcus Browne on FOX and was destroyed in two rounds on Long Island. On HBO last night, in California, in another Light heavyweight fight, Sullivan Barrera won a decision over Long Islander Joe Smith, jr. The question that hackens is why didn't Smith and Monaghan fight each other, a natual rivalry between two Irish Americans both from Long Island, and both in the same weight class, and both huge ticket sellers. Well, I am going to tell you, and the answer is simple, and very treacherous. Lou Dibella, the promoter of Monaghan, was told by Al Haymon to price Monaghan out in negotiations with Joe Smith's promoter Star Boxing, which means "demand money that isn't feasible for the fight" and that's exactly what Dibella did, because in reality Haymon wanted Dibella, and the two have been tired together for years, to serve up Monaghan to Haymon's fighter Marcus Browne last night, because they figured Monaghan was easy pickings, was undefeated, and would sell a lot of tickets for last nights fight because the fight was held only 20 minutes from where Monaghan lives. And that's exactly what happened. We should have seen Smith vs Monaghan in an all action Long Island showdown, in front of a packed arena of screaming fans. Both Smith and Monaghan would have made triple what they receieved last night if they had fought each other. Instead, both guys made a lot less, and both guys lost. Haymon and Dibella certified what they really are after last nights manipulating, Haymon is a barnacle on boxing, and Dibella a ''Scum Sucking Pig" Now, do you want to argue about that, after last night.

Thank god this thread is back. The May/Mc thread and the people discussing boxing in there is a damn *&^% show

edit - cursing isn't automatically edited.

Got tickets to Broner/Garcia at Barclays but I'm pissed that the Hurd/Trout fight that was announced for that card was moved to September.

I think porter is the better athlete tho.

I think he might have more power also.

Swifts to flat footed to win convincingly against porter.

I hope it happens tho cuz it will be one of thise must see fights.

I think porter is the better athlete tho.

I think he might have more power also.

Swifts to flat footed to win convincingly against porter.

I hope it happens tho cuz it will be one of thise must see fights.

To me the bigger issue is that Danny doesn't let his hands go like he did as a LWW.

And lately Danny has had more problems with technical guys.

Porter is a stylistic nightmare. But he does leave himself open to be hit.

Looks like they're both down for it. Hope it's at Barclays!

To me the bigger issue is that Danny doesn't let his hands go like he did as a LWW.

And lately Danny has had more problems with technical guys.

Porter is a stylistic nightmare. But he does leave himself open to be hit.

Looks like they're both down for it. Hope it's at Barclays!

You seen porters chin tho. No way danny can touch him. So even if porter leaves himself open, danny cant and wont properly counter punch. Feint? Maybe. But i dont think swift knows how to fully utilize his skill set wich is why i think he should part ways with his dad as far as having a head trainer goes.

You seen porters chin tho. No way danny can touch him. So even if porter leaves himself open, danny cant and wont properly counter punch. Feint? Maybe. But i dont think swift knows how to fully utilize his skill set wich is why i think he should part ways with his dad as far as having a head trainer goes.

Yes. I saw Porter get dropped with one shot by Broner.

They both have strong chins and an ample amount of power. But KOs aren't the only way to win fights.

Danny needs to get back to combination punching though. He's actually regressed since he's moved up and tries to pot shot too much.

Being active is key against Porter. Brook was successful with it while
Broner never let his hands go.

I think Eubank Jr might've picked the wrong guy to face in the tournament.

Yildirim squares up when attacking and gets real upright at times

He has a good pace but doesn't seem to have one punch power
Yildirim is a tough, technically limited stalker who is there to be hit and that's how Eubank likes em

Back
Top Bottom