Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wonder how many of these youtube ppv buys Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker will do for 15 gbp price

So Badou Jack vacates his WBA 'regular' title. Could Stevenson-Jack really be happening? Or is this because he's been ordered to face Bivol? With Andre Ward and Badou Jack vacating, it is now likely Dmitry Bivol will be ordered to face Sullivan Barrera for the vacant WBA title. Badou Jack doesn't want that work from Bivol. 2nd time in less than a year Jack vacates a title

Whoa WTF?????? I wanted Parker to win, but he did not win that ROFL WOW DAMN. That's the actual worst scorecard I've ever witnessed, this fight set the record in my book. That's crazy.

That's what I said, and not just one, but TWO of the judges scorecards scored it that way. I thought, dang, did Adalaide Byrd judge this fight too?

There are rumors that Bivol signed with Matchroom. That's a good choice because these obscure promoters that these Russians boxers sign to don't have much pull and stagnate their careers.

Just watched the Linares-Campbell fight. Great bout, fair decision. Campbell's a warrior, man. I'd like to see him again soon.

Was the Fury fight on in the US? Missed that one earlier. Also, what happened to the Orozco-Ortiz fight that was supposed to be in the HBO undercard?

Finally, I like Ward retiring good and early. Go out on top and with all of your faculties. Hopefully he has a very pleasant and comfortable life in retirement.

I don't see where he parted ways with Haymon. But it is very possible because it's tied to an HBO deal. He could still have a deal with Haymon. Just like Luis Ortiz is or was signed to both simultaneously.

Ortiz left Matchroom as soon as he signed with Al.

DeGale was signed to both for a while but had a falling out with Hearn.

Looks like Danny did leave Al tho.

As part of the deal, Jacobs has signed a multi-fight contract with HBO in a major move. Jacobs had been aligned with adviser Al Haymon and appeared regularly on Showtime and Premier Boxing Champions cards in recent years other than his last fight, when Haymon made a multimillion-dollar deal for Jacobs to challenge unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin on March 18 on HBO PPV.

Haymon, however, according to a source with knowledge of the deal with Hearn and HBO, was not aware of or involved in Jacobs' move.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...s-signs-matchroom-boxing-promoter-eddie-hearn

Just watched the Linares-Campbell fight. Great bout, fair decision. Campbell's a warrior, man. I'd like to see him again soon.

Was the Fury fight on in the US? Missed that one earlier. Also, what happened to the Orozco-Ortiz fight that was supposed to be in the HBO undercard?

Finally, I like Ward retiring good and early. Go out on top and with all of your faculties. Hopefully he has a very pleasant and comfortable life in retirement.

He was 7 pounds overweight and they cancelled the fight.

Would have at least wanted him to unify with Stevenson...

Not saying Ward ducked him but he's always been hesitant to face Stevenson
Back when they both were at 168 and even at 175
Ward has always said why does he need to face Stevenson
Lineal unification was right there vs Stevenson and he let it pass

Ward's last victory was a thing of beauty tho
Will miss The Son Of God :emoji_pray:

HBO signing Jacobs is cool and further proof Jacobs beat golovkin
HBO never signs anyone who has fought and "lost" to a fighter signed exclusively to their network
HBO usually allows the fighters they have signed up and hype, to face mediocre competition until a big fight
They're signing Jacobs because they misjudged him and almost saw their golovkin investment go down the drain
That Canadian dude,Canelo and golovkin have no excuses now

Not saying Ward ducked him but he's always been hesitant to face Stevenson
Back when they both were at 168 and even at 175
Ward has always said why does he need to face Stevenson
Lineal unification was right there vs Stevenson and he let it pass

Ward's last victory was a thing of beauty tho
Will miss The Son Of God :emoji_pray:

Have you seen Stevenson’s track record since beating Dawson? Dude is perfecting content making mandatory defenses that pose no danger over in Montreal. Ward was never a realistic option for him anyway, as Stevenson is ALL talk. Plus HBO still holds a grudge towards him after he turned his back on the Kovalev deal, signed with Haymon and Showtime.

nobody watched yunier dorticos vs dmitry kudryashov this weekend? cruiserweight really got bangers but always been criminally slept on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom