OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

And make sure that Chip remembers that recruiting is a cash business not checks and receipts.
We got cash money. I don't think Mac and his yellow teeth remembers that fact all the time.
For someone not that far removed from the Muschamp and Zook eras, you'd think you'd be more appreciative of these division titles. Things could be much worse.

Last edited:
"If Holmes watched Jack Jack last night he has to believe he can come in and compete for a spot. Good thing Clancy had Leon over the top or we could be looking at a different result from yesterdays Rose Bowl."

"The ironic thing is that Pendergast should have had a safety over the top all night long. He was playing a lot of man because he trusts Adoree Jackson and Iman Marshall one-on-one. But PSU's wide outs are good and played those passes in the air much better than USC's corner's. Flat out, Jackson and Marshall got beat on some balls they should have intercepted. Trace McSorley is not some dynamic, big arm passer. He lofts the ball down the middle of the field or runs outside the pocket and lofts a pass in that same direction. He generally keeps everything in front of him as a passer. Having a deep safety allows the secondary to read the wide out and the ball's trajectory at the same time. Because Jack Jones, a true freshman, was in there instead of Jackson, Pendergast put a safety over the top. If Jackson is healthy, he stays in and probably gets beat one-on-one misplaying the ball again."

For someone not that far removed from the Muschamp and Zook eras, you'd think you'd be more appreciative of these division titles. Things could be much worse.

We won 4 NATIONAL titles in 2 sports while I was in school there. I got spoiled and will not stand for mediocrity, especially when all the resources are there to be an elite program.

if UGA ever gets there shht together..

I tried to warn some UM folks about richt, told them a couple UGA folks to go talk to

And I understand we've overachieved, especially given the lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, but that's just it shouldn't be that lack of talent. We're in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country for skill players and we can't get enough. It's not like we're UGA/UT with all these great classes and nothing to show for it, but still we should be better than we've been on offense. Bottom line.

Last edited:
Jordan Simmons denied a 6th year of eligibility by the NCAA. He's literally been injured every single season at SC and has participated in 1 game I believe, as a special teams guy in last year's Holiday Bowl.

I don't understand the NCAA's criteria.

I tried to warn some UM folks about richt, told them a couple UGA folks to go talk to
9-4 and weeding out the garbage state of the program that Golden left it in is a strong foundation. Plus, loss two senior starters before the season even started and started 3 frosh LBs, 1 @ WR. Don't really see your point... 

9-4 and weeding out the garbage state of the program that Golden left it in is a strong foundation. Plus, loss two senior starters before the season even started and started 3 frosh LBs, 1 @ WR. Don't really see your point... 

I'll concede the loss to VTech in Blacksburg, that was an ugly one. But aside from that, our other three losses were:

Loss to FSU by 1 point
Loss to UNC by a TD
Loss to ND by 3 points

Yeah, I think we'll be in good hands moving forward.

Botched TD call by the refs in the UNC game

Jamal Carter inexplicably failing to recover a number by himself @ ND

Once the O-Line figured out that they should block the DL, it actually resulted in something positive....

"If Holmes watched Jack Jack last night he has to believe he can come in and compete for a spot. 
Good thing Clancy had Leon over the top or we could be looking at a different result from yesterdays Rose Bowl.
"

"The ironic thing is that Pendergast should have had a safety over the top all night long. He was playing a lot of man because he trusts Adoree Jackson and Iman Marshall one-on-one. But PSU's wide outs are good and played those passes in the air much better than USC's corner's. Flat out, Jackson and Marshall got beat on some balls they should have intercepted. Trace McSorley is not some dynamic, big arm passer. He lofts the ball down the middle of the field or runs outside the pocket and lofts a pass in that same direction. He generally keeps everything in front of him as a passer. Having a deep safety allows the secondary to read the wide out and the ball's trajectory at the same time. Because Jack Jones, a true freshman, was in there instead of Jackson, Pendergast put a safety over the top. If Jackson is healthy, he stays in and probably gets beat one-on-one misplaying the ball again."

Pendergast coaches way too confidently sometimes. Curious with all the NFL openings, does he leave? I think there's a great chance he does. Need to lock him up but i think its inevitable.

Jack Jones gonna be the best cb we've had in a long time. I also think Boogie has to stays through his senior year.

Jordan Simmons denied a 6th year of eligibility by the NCAA. He's literally been injured every single season at SC and has participated in 1 game I believe, as a special teams guy in last year's Holiday Bowl.

I don't understand the NCAA's criteria.

LUDICROUS

Back
Top Bottom