OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMG_5285.JPG
Feeling himself

Herron 5* DE to Michigan. Just went on a visit to Stanford recently and was thought to be a signing day decision in 2019....Huge blow to the Cardinal.
McKee 5* QB got an offer from Stanford today, looking like a BYU vs Stanford Battle.
Another CB for Daniels to Stanford but thinking this one ends up at SC... Stanford is going to end up with either McKee or Daniels so I'm not entirely upset.
McKee is a 2020 QB so fits in line with the depth chart idea that Davis Mills leaves to the NFL in 2020 season as a redshirt JR.
Stanford's LB recruiting has been an absolute JOKE so far, we offered a 200 pound Safety recruit with offers from Tulane and Air Force...not much to get excited about 2018 class for Stanford right now. Jack West is buns.

Does Stanford still typically recruit guys on their mission?

A commit from a kid like that could be meaningless by the time the kid is ready to enroll.

They took a commit from Taysom Hill and he ended up signing with BYU after Stanford told him to push back his enrollment six months more. This was under Harbs I think. Anyways, I think this was the reason they waited so long to offer McKee, however Stanford has signed several mission players the last few years, probably in the 10-12 range last five years.

The reason I asked because BYU has a rep for continuing to recruit guys while they're on their mission.

Not sure how the church is cool with that

The same way BYU missionaries are sent to Indiana, Minnesota and Iowa while Stanford missionaries magically end up in third world famished or war ravaged countries.
College Football is a powerful thing.

I guess, but if that was truly the case they midas well let guys act like normal college students again like during the LaVell days then.

Seems hypocritical considering their stance on other ****.

The BYU message boards are up there in terms of mis informed fans.. they were talking about the McKee offer and asking what QB's Stanford has ever had besides Luck
I mean Elway and Plunkett didn't turn out too bad

Michigan also grabbed Nolan Rumler 4* OL from Ohio yesterday and about to grab Cam McGrone 4* LB from Indy tomorrow for the 2018 class.

247 reporters saying Daniels and St Brown are a package deal, getting guys like those is the difference between 10 wins and potential playoff discussion for Stanford.
Our 17 class was nice but unless we get some whales we aren't gonna be at the top of the PAC in 3-4 years.

Back
Top Bottom