Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

To all of my fellow NBA 2K players of the Knicks contingent here on NT, NBA 2K17 has updated the "Knicks offensive playbook"

So if you've been waiting for a chance to start a MyGM/MyLeague with our (emotionally rollercoaster of a) franchise, this is the best starting point now that the 2K devs have finally scouted our Knicks squad and the (ugly) offense they are running this season.

Watching the Portland game again, watching Melo orchestrate especially down the stretch was fantastic. He def doesn't get the credit he deserves as a leader, I gotta apologize myself.

It kinda looks like they're using KP as a floor spacer in the 4th.

Melo and Rose playing pick and roll with each other while KP waiting at the 3 pt line. KP's man was staying at home with KP. Not a coincidence that Rose was going to the basket.

Now if KP's man was to not stay at home and help out on Rose's drives,best believe that he would've found KP. It's not necessarily 'play keep away from KP in the closing minutes' like a few of you seem to think. Just the Knicks working with what the defense is giving them.

Thank you [emoji]128514[/emoji]. It's not even worth getting into arguments with people who don't know the sport. This isn't a video game, this is real basketball. How much better is KP supposed to be right now? He's avg like 8pts more per game than last year. Melo is shooting a good percentage (despite starting the season horrid from 3) and taking the least amount of shots he ever has. This still isn't good enough? What would make KP better would be to get rid of all the stars we have and make him play by himself, even though he's not a playmaker yet. So yeah, let's have him operate in double and triple coverage and be a star. Afterall, Melo hates him -_-

This team was not built to tank...it was built to win now. After 14 games, The Knicks are shaping up and they will continue to improve the more the rotations are locked in and the more chemistry they build.

Ugh dude was replying to me and the point I was making could be restated in less words as, Melo doesn't need to look to set up camp in his usual mid post area at the end of games now nearly as much, and depending on the night they can let KP work in that range too, and there can be more action. And I'm confident they'll figure out how to gel better. You get hyper-defensive when it comes to your mans :lol:

More proof Hornacek knows what he's doing:

We're 1st in the NBA in points per possession after a timeout.

-Melo was gassed in the 4th.
-they shouldve been running the 1 & 5 PnR with KP instead of 1 & 3 PnR with Melo.
-NEED a cheese jersey

-when does All Star voting usually start? Melo / KP as starters :pimp:
besides Bron, its not like any other forward / center making noise in the East.
sure Drummond / Whiteside etc got the numbers, but the 'popularity' vote? id say the casual fan more aware of KP than the other 5s.
Melo will get the votes as usual

lets get Melo & KP in New Orleans

Carmelo on Derrick bringing only his appetite to Thanksgiving: "He better bring a pie or something. He can't come empty handed"

Let's see how this turns out tomorrow 
laugh.gif

Bringing turnovers [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Happy Thanksgiving fellas. Hope you all have a great holiday and don't end up getting too drunk and making out with your 3rd cousin from DR who you last seen was she was 8.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom