Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Looking at Mudiay I was just thinking of a stronger BJ with the euro experience and all. Wasn't anything great, don't know why everyone was hyping him so hard.

KP is like an agile AF Dirk.

For me it was either KP or Mario Hezonja.

Well we needed a pg desperately.
There was a guy here by the name of Jose :lol:

Last edited:
Tough loss. We played bad from the start and they out hustled us all game.

Seemed like the Suns wanted to beat Hornecek as much as he wanted to win.

Rose. :smh: lets get this under control man. This on and off nonsense is not good at all.

Melo. :stoneface: i will praise him when he plays well but when he plays like he did last night its just painful and frustrating. He continuously gets into these personal battles against these tough defenders and he believes the jump shot is his best move these days, which unfortunately IS. I know ya seen that two handed block Booker got on him... :x Smfh if that play doesn't show you he's washed then I don't know... I agree with Hank about Melo being able to still impact the game though. He can give us 30+ on a good shooting night, but he has to find a way to fall back and just shoot in catch and shoot situations.

Hornecek's rotations have been questionable the last 2 games IMO. I really don't understand how Lance Thomas keeps getting burn. Why didn't Billy play last night? Why sub Melo in for O'Quinn at the end of the 4th when he was the difference maker? Baker was also in the game too long, he played well and I like how he looked, but Hornecek had no business trying to close the game with him, even if the lineup was working.

Overall, just a real tough loss, especially when you add all the extra curricular that went on. Should be 15-10 but 14-11 isn't bad at all. I like where we are. We gotta continue to bounce back after rough games like we have all season to face Golden State tomorrow. I will be happy with a competitive game. If we win this Suns loss is forgotten.

KP is the man (period)

Noah, smh. 

He can't do anything but look to pass and if he is only looking to pass, he SHOULD and NEED to utilize the BOUNCE pass. 
After the shuffle, KP cut to the middle of the paint and Noah threw KP a chest pass but was deflected. If he threw a bounce pass, KP would've have a far greater chance of catching it and taking it to the rim. 

Bounce pass is so underrated in the NBA, especially against bigs.

And they said it wasn't KP's team :rofl:

That's the difference between KP and Melo at this point. When KP is off you can still count on his rebounding/defense but Melo just forces it.

If he is still going to be effective these next couple years, he has to learn how to move the ball much better.

Last edited:
Courtney Lee leads the NBA in 3pt% (35-72, 48%)
I remember that mitch Bruce Bowen had that at 80% for a min
laugh.gif

I gave Noah a chance, I was extremely hype when he wanted to sign with the Knicks.

But right now, he's making Robin Lopez look like an all star, we should have never traded him.

He's was good for us last year and having a great season this year.

:smh:

That's the difference between KP and Melo at this point. When KP is off you can still count on his rebounding/defense but Melo just forces it.

If he is still going to be effective these next couple years, he has to learn how to move the ball much better.
Kp is a good shot blocker idk if i would call him a good defender yet. Still gets bullied alot

KP is the NBA's top rim protector. I would qualify him as a good defender and would be even better if he didn't have to spend time chasing players around the perimeter.

Last edited:
It's kind of sad at this point we dont know what to expect from Melo on a game to game basis. I would pray for 2-3 good games in a row and then a stinker but it seems like that's almost impossible. He's 32 years old but playing like he's 36.

So when Melo's off you can't count on him for anything else?

So when Melo's off you can't count on him for anything else?

According to his last few performances--NO :lol:
Going off his last few bad shooting performances Melo has a clutch shot and a defensive stop (several in that 4th quarter).

#SelectiveMemory :smh:

This Melo vs. KP narrative is annoying as hell man got damn.
Not surprising. Same **** happened with STAT and Melo before STAT started to break down.

After 10 games it became they can't play together.

Its like deep down Knicks fans like to have one actual star player and a bunch of bums around that star to root for cuz they're goons or scrappy or have some upside or got some street hustler back story. Meanwhile the team continues to suck and have occassional good periods of pkay until that star leaves or breaka down.

Literally been that way since Ewing got traded.

Last edited:
Nah, Melo and KP are a good fit.

They are actual ideal as a 4/5 front-court in today's NBA.

The issue is one guy is 21 and the other guy is 33 at the end of the season. They are on different timeframes that make it pretty hard to build anything substantial together past this year.

And the guy who is 21 has no ceiling on his potential. He can literally be the best player in the league.

Trying to win now is like we won the lottery and then you go and blow the money within two years on dumb ****. But that's always this team's MO.

My only issue with Melo are the fans tbh who think that he is still a top 15 guy or can lead us to a chip or that he is still THE GUY on this team.

Oh man. I'm not going to get in the middle of the KP vs Melo fight :lol:

All I want are two things.

For derrick to be healthy.

And for the Knicks to win.

The rest, let the chips fall where they may.

I honestly don't think there's a single player on this team that's worried about being the man.

Last edited:
From what I've seen so far KP is not ready to be THE man on this team. He still has a lot to learn.

So if Melo ain't either then this team doesn't have anybody that fits that.

From what I've seen so far KP is not ready to be THE man on this team. He still has a lot to learn.

So if Melo ain't either then this team doesn't have anybody that fits that.

Which is why we are still a mediocre team.

Melo is past his prime. KP is yet to be there. That's why I wanted from the start to have guys who were on KP's timeline cause one guy is getting better and the other guy is getting worse.

As long as Melo is on the team it's his team. For anyone that thinks otherwise just ain't watching the games. There's a reason why all the iso plays are ran for Melo and not KP and he's the one playing hero ball late.

I think some of you guys are confusing the idea of who's team it is with who's the better player.

Debating who's the better player right now is pretty up in the air to me personally. I think about it on a night to night basis. No one in here was saying KP is better than Melo when his shot was off and Melo was dropping 35 and vice versa on nights like last night

As long as Melo is on the team it's his team. For anyone that thinks otherwise just ain't watching the games. There's a reason why all the iso plays are ran for Melo and not KP and he's the one playing hero ball late.

I think some of you guys are confusing the idea of who's team it is with who's the better player.

Debating who's the better player right now is pretty up in the air to me personally. I think about it on a night to night basis. No one in here was saying KP is better than Melo when his shot was off and Melo was dropping 35 and vice versa on nights like last night

It doesn't matter who's better. What really matters is who the offense is being ran through.

We seriously need to run way more high screen pick and roll/pop with KP and Melo/Rose/Jennings

Back
Top Bottom