Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Oh, be careful with that kind of talk. Ppl will jump on you and call you a caper :lol:

Wasn't able to see most of this game. But I do like that he went to the line.

Last edited:
Oh, be careful with that kind of talk. Ppl will jump on you and call you a caper :lol:

Well, you're in her strictly b/c of Rose. So you do cape & it's expected.

But I have to agree w/ you that ppl are overreacting since it was one bad game from Rose. I will say that he can improve on finding teammates as a PG for this team, but he's been good for us all year & I won't let 1 game change my opinion on that.

I think rose's shooting woes last night wouldn't be as criticized of he passed more. He shot something like 9 for 27 from the floor. My problem with him is if he penitrates beyond the foul line it's an automatic shot. A few kick outs from him would be great. If he's double teamed someone is open (kp has been ALOT). Still, it's much better watching rose than jose.

Last edited:
I remember some people in general were saying that jennings should start... but that dude is terrible even of the bench... but hes really not that good... he gets his assists here and there but he has bad shot selection and his jumper is broke... if hes not getting his assists hes pretty much useless and 1 dimensional

So what Thabo did? Melo was out of pocket though.

Jennings has had a few good games assist wise but you go boy you go boy has summed Jennings up pretty accurately imo. ( full disclosure, I've never been a fan of Jennings aka Lil' JR Jr., no disrespect to JR Smif :lol: )

Disappointing to see KP miss that FT, but those are the learning moments he'l have to go through. 

I love Knicks fans because we overreact but at the same time we understand what's going down once our emotions come down. KP doesn't create his shot well yet but he will. He just needs to do the dribble and hit the mid range like he did at the end of the 4th. Practice that spin move fade which will be totally unblockable if he masters it just like KD does. I just want to see him actually attempt these type of shots to see this progress.

That was some b.s. ejection on Melo... What's up with Clyde saying "punched him" so much when this happened. :smh: annoyed the frack outta me.

The call on KP that didn't get called on Milsap. :stoneface:

Rose continues to see through a tunnel. Smh. Soo many missed opportunities and open teammates that resulted in a bricked floater or turnover. I respect the aggressiveness, but at some point as the POINT GUARD you have to make the right adjustment. Still like the aggression, just gotta kick the damn ball out! Losing the ball at the end of regulation instead of hitting KP on the screen and roll should be the part of the tape Rose has to focus on. He needs to make the right pass.

KP has been awful from the line this year, many have mentioned it in the thread before. Those missed free throws should definitely get KP in the gym an extra hr or two working on just free throws. He's toooo good a shooter to struggle so much at the line. There's a minor adjustment he needs to make and he could/would be a high 80% ft shooter.

Love the fire from Hornecek! :smokin although the "miss the 3rd ft" was stupid as hell. He still has rotation issues too. He changes them like every two games. How did Vuicic all of a sudden get PT after not playing for almost 2 weeks? Still feel like he's doing a great job compared to what we had the past 5 or so years.

We still at .500 tho and I think the team can still get better. The defense was pretty good most of the game, although the Hawks offense is horrible. Both the past 2 games have been tough, but they were hard fought and against 2 playoff teams. The team needs these games to learn from. Hopefully we come out on top of these kind of games later in the season when the games will matter more.

Haven't been watching as much lately but Jennings played well with a specific lineup. With Billy and Kuz (when they'd be higher in the depth chart with Knower and Lance out.) And we'd stagger with KP or Melo in to work with them.

We also in the thread gotta cut out the trade ____, don't re-sign, should have never signed ____, give a long term deal, tank, don't tank talk etc etc after EVERY SINGLE game. Whether it's serious, heat of the moment, or sarcastically making fun of other people who do it. **** is annoying seeing this conversation after every game.

Anyways, I'm not disappointed that D Rose missed at the end, but it was the decision making, and looking off our budding star. Once while he was doubled he could have gave KP a free throw line jumper to win the game. Then the one in OT was even more baffling. KP backing down a guard in the post, and instead of getting him the ball Rose just charges like a bull into the traffic and congestion then because of that horrible decision slips.

Last edited:
Melo doesn't get ejected, we win this game by double digits.

Bottom line.

Frustrating seeing him lose it like that yesterday. He may have even gotten away with the hit, if he didn't keep going at it after the Tech was called. Dumb move all around. I think the frustration from George Karl's comments and then him fumbling away the game against the Celtics bubbled over.

Regardless of his flaws, Carmelo is still by far our best and most experienced player at this point.

The crown is KP's to take but he still has a couple more months of apprenticeship at least to get there.

We need our big 3 to keep building their chemistry. Melo and Rose need to move the rock more willingly and KP has to be more aggressive and that doesn't mean jacking up 3's before he sets his feet.

Another tough loss. But we'll bounce back.

Mad random but I'd love to see KP get a post game+sky hook in his arsenal over the summer. Whenever he gets a mismatch especially it could be automatic.

Well, you're in her strictly b/c of Rose. So you do cape & it's expected.

But I have to agree w/ you that ppl are overreacting since it was one bad game from Rose. I will say that he can improve on finding teammates as a PG for this team, but he's been good for us all year & I won't let 1 game change my opinion on that.

That's fine, and that makes sense. I just don't like if I say something that falls in line with the consensus, nobody says anything about my background. But if I make a comment that's not Rose related but nobody agrees with it, then the remarks of me caping comes out.

Everything aside we're still at least a lock to make the playoffs and we have a lot of time to figure this **** out so I'm chill right now 

Mad random but I'd love to see KP get a post game+sky hook in his arsenal over the summer. Whenever he gets a mismatch especially it could be automatic.

That would be unstoppable lol

It would also help since he's still not strong enough to back his way into the paint yet.

Phil better get Kareem on the line.

More like, if Melo hadn't choked him before the swing he wouldn't have gotten ejected. So no one knows what happened prior to the play that unhinged Melo like that?

With all these new school big men out here shooting jumpers not one of them has a go to move in the post to get you a guaranteed 2 points. KP would be a complete fool to not work with a Hakeem, Dirk, or Kareem if their offering. His next matchup is Anthony Davis and it would be great to see him perform well and get the W and not come up small against him. On the topic of Rose he's not above criticism like anyone else on this squad is. **** is just really frustrating that he can get by anyone with his speed but you know damn well the ball isn't going anywhere else but to the rim. If he could average 7 assist or at least looked to pass this offense would be so much better

Yea, he has tunnel vision at times.

His slashing opens up all kinds of scoring opportunities but 90% of the time, he's driving to shoot, not to kick it out.

Probably too late in his career to change that now. I never realized how much of a score first PG he was until he got here.

God awful loss. I'm not gonna pick the positives out of this, because it was just mainly J Holiday stepping up and KP hitting some clutch shots down the stretch. Other than that, we are not ready. If we cant grind down these types of games, it's .500 ball rest of the way.

This game was all mental. You can see the Hawks aint want it. We had opportunities to step on the throat and AGAIN we failed.

Honestly, theres plenty of talk about missing Melo, either way - the way the Hawks are playing, we STILL should have won. Theres just too much goddamn erraticness, broken plays that lead to Isolation desperation.

Hornys rotations were wierd as hell too. Lance Thomas and Kuz didnt see a minute until the second half. Sasha was in WAY too long. The game against the magic, i felt our rotations were beautiful. Why not go with a good thing? Have some trust.

Last two games, we've been GRINDING down our starters. 37+ minutes for all of them basically. Why? We got a bench lets use them.

The worst part? ALL THAT ENERGY SPENT FOR A BIG FAT EFFIN L. What now ? We very well might be under .500 heading into 2017. And it's all on mental fortitude. The team can keep preaching patience and "we have to get better" but talk is cheap son straight up. Yall had so many opportunities to show that you're tougher than this, and you throw up whack shots and miss defensive rotations.

Where will leadership come from? Are we ever going to take that next step and STEP into an identity? We're the definition of a WILD CARD team.

If we keep losing games like this , it's a first round exit. Thats if we even get it together by then. This team is all over the place and its not fun for me to watch. We simply cannot grind down games. We're constantly punched in the mouth and retaliate too little too late. We need to man the #$%^ up if we ever want to really compete in this league. Until then, we a .500 team straight up. Alot of yall were holding out judgement until a substantial amount of games, but I've seen enough . If we can't grow a pair and be confident in ourselves, we food.

#upsetknicksfan

i missed the game bc of my PT job, but the commentary in here was golden as usual. rose may need to kick out a bit more, after he penetrates, but if you're inside the FT line you always go up for a lay up. pass off if someone is blatantly open and has a better shot. caldo on the other hand doesn't even know what the wood feels like in the paint. i'd rather have rose attack and miss lay ups/floaters than watch caldo only use 70% of the court. also, a 5 foot shot is easier to make than a 25 footer. i forgot which one of you said it, but rose also noticed that everyone else on this team is stagnant and can't/won't take their own shot. if i saw the same thing every night, **** it i'm keeping it myself too.

Not playing consistently for 2 years probably killed his instincts. He was never CP3 but he was much better at balancing scoring and passing and was always willing on the drive and kick.

Last edited:
We need soem more creativity on the offensive side as well. Just add more wrinkles to the offense. One of those last plays, Rose drove in but I swear he coulda lobbed it up for KP, who had a lane to the rim unimpeded. We need easier buckets. Man these last two losses sucked.

Back
Top Bottom