Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Completely agree with everything you said @GRideBounca11. It's time to move on from Melo. Even though I think he had a positive influence on KP, he's just not the leader this team needs. He's too comfortable and content in his ways and nothing will change. People think this is the first year of our "big 3" together comparing us to to the Heats first year and justifying our struggles. That's a complete ******* joke. Rose, Melo, and KP are no where near Wade, Lebron, and Boshs level. Not even in the same stratosphere.

This team is on a downhill spiral fast. It's a snowball effect. I'm sure Phil has a huge influence on Lance and Sasha playing too. Some drastic change needs to happen for them to wake up, but that's even more false hope.

Last edited:
Can't win if the person taking the most shots every game loves that contested long 2 in iso and can't play a lick of defense.

Last edited:
Can't argue with a thing @GRideBounca11 said. Only thing he forgot to add was melo and his "brand building." KP tried doing his best melo impersonation last night taking those god awful turn around jumpers that bounced off the corner of the backboard. What we need is a solid veternal locker room leader not named bum a Sasha as his supposed leadership is as effective as his on court ability. KP should have been called out for his piss poor shot selection last night. Then again he must think it's the norm when looking at melo and b button broken no pass d rose.

If we blow it up we are def going to have to sacrifice Either KOQ, Kuz or Willy to get rid of some of our bad contracts. It's like a reoccurring nightmare. We have good young pieces but we sacrifice them to get rid of other contracts or we take on proven vets that end up being washed and then we start from ground Zero hoping a "superstar" signs with us during free agency.

I strongly believe Melo would waive his NTC if there's an offer on the table that gets him moved to a team like the Clippers.

Phil needs to start exploring these options.

Last edited:
Our core isn't great to begin with though. Not to mention Melo has been the one constant and we've had one successful year. After awhile you gotta call a spade a spade.

This is why we'll never be good. It's always blownit up do this do that. How about we build with a consistent core for more than a year?

Who is the core for the future at this point besides KP? That's it. Maybe some if the younger guys as well but I wouldn't consider them the core or muse have at this point.

Fellas. Celebrate the end of the year and beginning of a new one!

Get some henny and chill tonight.

Shuck this team for a couple days.

Blah blah blah Melo hate blah blah
This team aint ever winning a championship as currently constructed.

There's a desire to win a championship and delusion.

Plenty times LeBron was yacking it up with opponents when he was a loser in Cleveland.

You simply not accepting reality. Melo is getting older, fading out of his prime. The team around him sucks. The window is all but shut on his chances of getting a ring as a Knick before 2020.

Regardless as things are Melo is most likely retiring as a Knick. So yall can embrace that or keep that hate in ya blood til yall begin to transfer that to KP.

Completely agree with everything you said @GRideBounca11. It's time to move on from Melo. Even though I think he had a positive influence on KP, he's just not the leader this team needs. He's too comfortable and content in his ways and nothing will change. People think this is the first year of our "big 3" together comparing us to to the Heats first year and justifying our struggles. That's a complete ******* joke. Rose, Melo, and KP are no where near Wade, Lebron, and Boshs level. Not even in the same stratosphere.

This team is on a downhill spiral fast. It's a snowball effect. I'm sure Phil has a huge influence on Lance and Sasha playing too. Some drastic change needs to happen for them to wake up, but that's even more false hope.
:wow: :rofl: :rofl: What kind of Knicks fans are you surrounded by? :rofl:

Aint nobody coming with that crazy talk on here.

The team is average at best. Who comparing them to Miami's big 3 and their 1st year struggles?

Last edited:
Lee, Porzingis, & KOQ are out

Really no point in watching the game tonight. Go get drunk somewhere :lol:

Lee, Porzingis, & KOQ are out

Really no point in watching the game tonight. Go get drunk somewhere
laugh.gif
Over/Under Melo taking 25 shots? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
The cloud hanging over this thread these past couple days. :lol:
Happy New Year to all of you. Remember to leave whatever demons and bad vibes you can tonight. I hope everyone can attain good health and wealth, and whatever goals are set for 2017.

Remember, we men.

Knicks New Years Eve drinking game: You gotta take a drink/shot every time the Knicks turn the ball over or go down double digits in a quarter 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom