Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Based on the last few pages Im guessing, now bear with me and hear me out before you bash me, that we are no longer a superteam :tongue:

true, but he can't play PF until KP is ready to be our center. he's still way too weak and commits dumb fouls instead of just using his size. we can make things work now ONLY if our starting lineup is Rose, Lee, Holiday, Melo, and KP with Noah coming off the bench and occasionally starting against the more talented bigs. that helps us defensively and gives us a better advantage on offense.

Some Knicks "fans" just want to watch the world burn the minute the ship starts to steer south. I love what our squad can bring, YES Melo included. But they gotta ******* get it together. Tanking is really stupid when you have 3-4 players in their prime and WANT to win, whether they're coming up in W's for us or not. I really hate to make this comparison, but did we all forget when Miami's big 3 got together and they were looking sick, flabby and lost for like a big stretch of games & everyone was having the SAME talk we're having now?

We're not on that level yet but this team has flashes of brilliance and we've seen it when our guys combine for 60. The issues lie with defense and internally, not ability. Guys aren't on the same page and you can tell, this smells like when D'Antoni got the boot during HIS losing streak. I like that Horny is visibly pissed and is calling guys out.

People salty about Melo need to chill the **** out and respect the Captain. He WANTED to be HERE & at one point or another, we all wanted him too. I'd argue to say his biggest issue on the court is his itch to go into ISO but only because it's a comfortable play for him, he feels safe going that route but it's costing the team.

And god damn, guys stop overhelping on defense. I can't believe we have KP, Noah, O'Quinn, Willy & Kuz on our team and dudes are just driving to the lane getting whatever they want. Defend the ******* perimeter, PLEASE. The NBA is all about the 3, how are you NOT defending the 3 ball first, and the paint second?

My last complaint and I'm sorry I went on a tangent but, can our players get some extra shooting time PLEASE? For the love of god, Horny should have these guys practicing 3's all day long if they're not going over defense. Rose, KP, Melo, Holiday & even Kuz can go off with 3's but they never hit them. That Brandon Jennings kid is starting to heat up, keep an eye on him. Practice more 3's and nail that **** down, we can be deadly like everyone else. That's the problem Rose was talking about last night, we're constantly digging out of a hole when we're making 2's then the other team jacks up a 3 on you. And again. And again.

I love what I've SEEN but come on NYK, this isn't the time to **** up. We went from 3rd, to 5th, and now we're looking on the outside. Get it together.

Last edited:
Its not all Melo’s fault, but this is suppose to be his team and dude is playing like he doesn’t care.
Most of the team was talking a ton before the season and now they aren’t even showing up.
The lack of effort and discipline is just embarrassing.
These guys are supposed to be vets that know how to win and they look like a bunch of rookies out there.
It’s a disgrace...

Last edited:
Remeber when I said this offseason that our offense should revolved around KP launching as many three's as possible and got ridiculed for it?

Seems like that game plan is going pretty well in Houston. Think it would go pretty well with a 7'2 guy on the perimeter as well.
:x That still sounds pretty dumb to me.

Not a sound offensive plan especially for developing KP.

Also no way Phil goes for let's just have KP shoot 3s.

If you want Pringles, watch the Rockets. KP aint Harden and never will be.

Why is it pointing out Melo's lazy play hate? We can't just call it how it is? The man ain't even trying out there, at least not in a positive way. Trading Melo won't be the end all but it's a step in the right direction. There's no point in continuing doing something that's not working. He's been here for 7 seasons. It's time to admit the plan failed.
Gotta stop being delusional with all that wishful thinking.

Melo isn't being traded. At least not until it's one year left on his contract and it's to a playoff team of his choosing.

Last edited:
Were cats calling for Starks & Patrick's heads like this back in the day? I bet some of you loved the Seattle trade.

There was low key bitterness with wanting Ewing gone.

Lot of yelling for Starks to be gone at one point but when it actually happened wasn't like ppl were celebrating.

It mainly helped cuz we transitioned well to Houston and Spreewell being the scorers on the team.

I would do Melo for Amir Johnson, Jerebko and Jaylen Brown in a heartbeat.

With Boston #3 in the East, I think Melo might go for it because it would be his last chance to really go anywhere in the playoffs.

Brown projects as awesome small ball four to grow with KP, you still have a lottery pick coming, and all your draft picks from here on out.

We could plant the seeds for the next 15 years or continue to sabotage ourselves like always.

Melo isn't going anywhere, and I don't think we have a shot at CP3. However, just to entertain the thought, Melo with the Lakers would be hilarious. To watch the foolishness between Melo and Nick Young would be worth it. :rofl:

idk. i wouldn't say we have a 0% chance of signing CP, but it is hella slim. the only thing we really have going is that him and Melo are good friends and TBH that clippers team is never gonna win a chip. they're fun to watch in the regular season, but they're not championship quality. same goes for the raptors.

Celtics aren't giving up the Nets pick for Melo

Melo isn't waiving his NTC to go to the Celtics

I want cp3 on this team like everyone else but he's not going to solve the problem here. Poor effort, no heart, no toughness and no leadership is what is the problem. And there's no accountability either this way players wouldn't be so stubborn

Last edited:
:lol: @ people blaming poor effort and determination.

Or maybe we just aren't good. There is that possibility as well.

Last edited:
how come theres more talent on this team compared to atlanta and utah but yet their better than us? so ya effort does play a part... this team plays like they dont care like the games dont mean much... you cant be down 10 points in the first quarter of every game...

Ya do know we have key players sidelined right ? If we trash by the all star game blow it up.

Back
Top Bottom