Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

that THJR trade was a GOOD trade. we traded an average player for a 1st round pick. we needed a PG and that's what Phil got. Grant just didn't pan out like everyone wanted. had he met expectations or looked like he was going to, then this wouldn't even be a discussion. Phil did the right thing in that move, but it just didn't work out.

you never really know who's going to end up with the better end of the deal when it comes to trading young players. one might be a future AS and the other could be a bust. it's the same thing with drafting. you guys want to tank, when it doesn't even guarantee that we're going to get a top 7 pick or that they're going to be a star. we could draft another bust. i'd rather get bounced in the first round and continue to build on what we have now, vs banking on a 20 year old kid to be the next Westbrook or Curry.

I'm gonna need @KingFoamNYC
 to make another list of the regulars in here so I know who to mute out :lol:

i'm #32 btw :tongue:

Peep Kuz with the Gordon Hayward cut 
pimp.gif

that THJR trade was a GOOD trade. we traded an average player for a 1st round pick. we needed a PG and that's what Phil got. Grant just didn't pan out like everyone wanted. had he met expectations or looked like he was going to, then this wouldn't even be a discussion. Phil did the right thing in that move, but it just didn't work out.

Of course it wouldn't be a discussion if it worked out. :lol: since it didn't, we have the last couple pages...

How did Phil do the right thing if it didn't work? :lol: that's the definition of making the wrong move.

I didn't really have much of an opinion when the trade happened, cause I didn't know anything about Grant. I do agree that we needed a point guard, but Phil's job is to find talent and be a judge of talent when it comes to drafting/trades/free agents, along with other guys in the organization. Grant was a 22 year old rookie. You are who you are at that point most of the time. I would have rather kept Tim Hardaway in that scenario. Way higher ceiling to me.

Phil is butt.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh thank you for that. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Where the **** is Frank? :rofl: Melo and Noah enough for a ring b? Can't ******* believe it :lol: but it's **** Phil though.

All the ******** on Kerr and he got a ring and a job forever in GSW. Respected by all the superstars. Woodson over Kerr :rofl: Yall on the best drugs.

This needs to be an annual thing. Collect all of the off season posts then quote them all by the all-star break.

Of course it wouldn't be a discussion if it worked out. :lol: since it didn't, we have the last couple pages...

How did Phil do the right thing if it didn't work? :lol: that's the definition of making the wrong move.

I didn't really have much of an opinion when the trade happened, cause I didn't know anything about Grant. I do agree that we needed a point guard, but Phil's job is to find talent and be a judge of talent when it comes to drafting/trades/free agents, along with other guys in the organization. Grant was a 22 year old rookie. You are who you are at that point most of the time. I would have rather kept Tim Hardaway in that scenario. Way higher ceiling to me.

Phil is butt.
The trade was the right and good move. Phil just drafted the wrong pg. That's 2 different things. We honestly didn't lose much in THJr.

Give Kuz or Baker his minutes.

If I said Phil could get a 1st round picks for Sasha, Thomas, and Early would you do it?

Last edited:
Orlando won tonight :smokin

Kings play the Suns & the Blazers play the Mavs. Big night for the tank.

Back
Top Bottom