Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Fire someone, the franchise is saved

Don't sign anyone, going in great direction

The bar is so pathetically low :lol:

It's really not hard to be successful in NY :lol:

Just show me you have a plan for the future.

again... knicks fans talking about tanking .... but in the same breath want to improve the team this year.......... its either full tank or try to get players that can help you contend for a playoff spot..... it cant be both......
Unless we trade Melo then tryna tank in this weaker east isn't the wave

5 years with a losing record is taxing

This is NY not Philly

Bring in Waiters, a good PG for 1 year and we can make some noise
Don't want Waiters at all. He's very Earl Smith like.
J.R. Smith played a huge part the last time the Knicks were winning

Waiters is around the same age J.R. got it together while on the Knicks

:lol: ain't no pgs left to get. The thing about waiters is that he's gonna want a multi year contract, and his game is 1 on 1. He def played well but for like half a season.

If him and Carmelo are both in NY it puts the knicks in the same middle of the road situation as last year imo.

I swear to god I forgot Calderon was our starting PG for all those games. I must have mentally blocked it out, like a repressed bad memory.

Hey, maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of tired of the tank culture now. I get it, sometimes it is a necessary evil, but when do they start trying to win again? I'm not unrealistic by any means, I know they're not contenders, in fact quite the opposite, but when can it be competitive again?

Hey, maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of tired of the tank culture now. I get it, sometimes it is a necessary evil, but when do they start trying to win again? I'm not unrealistic by any means, I know they're not contenders, in fact quite the opposite, but when can it be competitive again?
We have been trying to win, :lol: Tank talk is a way to save face that we suck. The year we traded JR and Shump, the shut down Melo was the closest we came to an actual tank. Never forget last summer #superteam :rofl:

No to Okafor. Didnt want him in 2015 and certainly dont want him now. Dude is all empty stats, Eddy Curry syndrome, and we already have better bigs in KP and Willy plus Noah isnt gonna be moved. He would be an even worse fit here than he is in Philly. Would make no sense whatsoever. If Philly wants Lee, get a 3rd team involved who is willing to take a chance on Jahil. He would be detrimental to this team though. Taking away minutes from KP/Willy just to clog the lane and play 0 defense. No thank you.

Last edited:
Gotta tank for another year or two. Sometimes you gotta take a step back to go 2 steps forward. Once the guys start forming some chemistry and continuity, the competitiveness will pick up and we'll see what we have.

We have been trying to win, :lol: Tank talk is a way to save face that we suck. The year we traded JR and Shump, the shut down Melo was the closest we came to an actual tank. Never forget last summer #superteam :rofl:

Word we even went "all in" this past season and were in "win now mode" :rofl:

Word we even went "all in" this past season and were in "win now mode" :rofl:
That's where the hashtag came from! We signed Noah and traded for Rose, that's not a tank because you could do it a lot cheaper. I absolutely hate the term 'tank' to get a random draft pick. :frown: I liken it to welfare in that its not supposed to be a goal but there if things get really bad. You play the game to win and if you come up short you get a good draft pick. Habits are hard to break and KPs going into a third losing season. 2 more losing seasons, on purpose now, for draft picks and then he's magically supposed to start with a winning mentality...

Proph, we need a new poll.

Dudes can't agree on tanking now or trying to be competitive now :lol:

Something with some options; tank now regardless, tank now if Melo stays, tank now if Melo leaves, be competitive regardless, be competitive if Melo stays, be competitive leaves, etc.

Last edited:
Any word on if Frank is playing today?
I hope so but he might still be tired from the overseas championships or recovering from a banged knee in said championships :lol: were prolly going to wait until he's 120% healthy

Last edited:
I hope so but he might still be tired from the overseas championships or recovering from a banged knee in said championships :lol: were prolly going to wait until he's 120% healthy
if he doesn't win ROY it's cause he tired. he played in the overseas championship.

Back
Top Bottom