Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely wouldn't be stunning if Lakers didn't take Ball. But all signs pointing to Ball unless they trade it
Trading it is certainly a possibility because one thing is for sure, they're not 100% sold on Ball. Especially since they offered the pick to Sac for their #5 and #10.

I know you haven't forgotten our $500 bet. 

You should be worried. The way Magic and Rob are going to be making moves from here on out, they'll be in the WCF by the 2019-2020 season.

hell no i didn't forget. Its in my sig

I'm only concerned if they landed Lebron.

PG13 does not scare me at all unless someone better than him comes along and joins. I smiled when i saw PG wanted to be a Laker. Guys like him and Boogie are the players i want the Lakers to go after. They don't worry me.

In the past 20 years, only 4 #2 picks went on to become an all-star. I hope lakers pass on ball and then ball can become an all-star :pimp:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19701211/lonzo-ball-says-los-angeles-lakers-plan-not-it
"I can't tell the future," Ball said of why he kept saying he isn't sure who will draft him. "I don't know where I am going."

"I know he is going to be happy," Ball added of his father's reaction once he will be drafted. "He will be smiling, I will be smiling, get the hat and go from there."

They sound pretty happy to me regardless of who's drafting Lonzo.
Of course he will be happy if ANY NBA team drafts him. His son bout to make millions. But if he were to be drafted by the Lakers, he will be a lot more than just 'happy.' More like EUPHORIC.
But you made it seem like Lavar and Lonzo would break down and cry if Lonzo were to be drafted by someone else....judging by the kid's demeanor in interviews, it says otherwise.
Nah, Lonzo gonna be fine no matter which team he goes to. It will be Lavar who will break down and cry on his wife's shoulders when they alone in their bedroom talkn bout "my son is a Sun 
mad.gif
mean.gif

Lavar will learn not to count those chickens til they hatch. 

whip just pay the man 500 now

magic is a gump

aint no way in hell the lakers gonna be in the wcf for about 7 years if at all

magic is following in buss and kupchaks footsteps

only mitch and jim werent dumb enough to give up lottery picks for salary dump and a player not even promised to them

Last edited:
In the past 20 years, only 4 #2 picks went on to become an all-star. I hope lakers pass on ball and then ball can become an all-star :pimp:

It's funny, because that #2 pick has been somewhat of an taboo pick, because of Same Bowie. Poor guy couldn't ever shake that pressure of being taken before MJ.

It's funny, because that #2 pick has been somewhat of an taboo pick, because of Same Bowie. Poor guy couldn't ever shake that pressure of being taken before MJ.

Or it was just his body breaking down. Seems a lot more plausible.

I know you haven't forgotten our $500 bet. 

You should be worried. The way Magic and Rob are going to be making moves from here on out, they'll be in the WCF by the 2019-2020 season.
hell no i didn't forget. Its in my sig

I'm only concerned if they landed Lebron.

PG13 does not scare me at all unless someone better than him comes along and joins. I smiled when i saw PG wanted to be a Laker. Guys like him and Boogie are the players i want the Lakers to go after. They don't worry me.
Fair enough. No matter what, the next 2-3 years gonna be very interesting in Los Angeles - for both the Lakers AND Clippers (
eek.gif
)

KD got taken after Greg Oden and he turned out fine
This #2 pick bust myth is stupid

tired of the Lavar talk. Its such nonsense. Nobody is thinking about whether to take Lonzo because of his Dad.

Lonzo may be blood but he's shown nothing that will let you think he's going to be an idiot. I hate the Bruins and Lakers with a passion but i can't bet against Lonzo. He's as close to a sure thing to me.

whip just pay the man 500 now

magic is a gump

aint no way in hell the lakers gonna be in the wcf for about 7 years if at all

magic is following in buss and kupchaks footsteps

only mitch and jim werent dumb enough to give up lottery picks for salary dump and a player not even promised to them
Care to wager on your statement that I enlarged above?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19701211/lonzo-ball-says-los-angeles-lakers-plan-not-it
"I can't tell the future," Ball said of why he kept saying he isn't sure who will draft him. "I don't know where I am going."

"I know he is going to be happy," Ball added of his father's reaction once he will be drafted. "He will be smiling, I will be smiling, get the hat and go from there."

Of course he will be happy if ANY NBA team drafts him. His son bout to make millions. But if he were to be drafted by the Lakers, he will be a lot more than just 'happy.' More like EUPHORIC.
But you made it seem like Lavar and Lonzo would break down and cry if Lonzo were to be drafted by someone else....judging by the kid's demeanor in interviews, it says otherwise.

Nah, Lonzo gonna be fine no matter which team he goes to. It will be Lavar who will break down and cry on his wife's shoulders when they alone in their bedroom talkn bout "my son is a Sun >: :smh:

Lavar is pretty self made already...I don't think he will be hurt by this.

Fair enough. No matter what, the next 2-3 years gonna be very interesting in Los Angeles - for both the Lakers AND Clippers :smile:eek )

I like Rob. Magic is just a show piece. He's going to get too much credit. But he's Magic.

Rob's going to be one of the best GM's in the league. Two years ago, i mentioned the Lakers next GM would be a agent or former agent (through my sources), but it was supposed to be another high profile GM (who doesn't probably get enough credit) that was a former agent that was supposed to be their guy.

Turns out, they may have ended up with the better guy. Time will tell. When they mentioned Rob got the job, i got a little nervous.

Nah, Lonzo gonna be fine no matter which team he goes to. It will be Lavar who will break down and cry on his wife's shoulders when they alone in their bedroom talkn bout "my son is a Sun 
mad.gif
mean.gif

Lavar is pretty self made already...I don't think he will be hurt by this.
IMO, he may not say it publicly but best believe he will be 'hurt' (for lack of a better word) if Magic passes on Lonzo. Disappointed for sure. But he'll get over it.

Ball's endorsements and future marketability is largely tied to and depends highly on Lonzo being drafted to play in Purple N Gold country.

Lavar for sure will be hurt. You a fool if you think he wouldnt be disappointed. And if he were a Sun? Man. Man tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom