Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bulls & Pacers aren't making the playoffs so there's 2 spots up for grabs.

Heat will probably take one. Sixers or Hornets could take the other one.

Agreed on the Bulls and Pacers but Sixers are not making the playoffs. Either Charlotte or Detroit will slip in.

Didn't the Sixers end up getting themselves into fringe playoff team territory with Embiid on restricted minutes before he was shut down.

I don't think it's that crazy to say they could make the playoffs barring injuries. Unless Simmons and Fultz have so many growing pains that they're detrimental to the team. But I doubt they'd be that bad.

2 of their starters haven't played a single second of professional basketball. Embiid hasn't shown he can play a full season yet. The Sixers are not making the playoffs.

Also, all I hear is talk of Embiid, Simmons, Fultz, and Saric. What happened to Okafor?

Last edited:
2 of their starters haven't played a single second of professional basketball. Embiid hasn't shown he can play a full season yet. The Sixers are not making the playoffs.

I want to give the Sixers the benefit of the doubt, but agreed Embiid is ridiculously injury prone and Simmons was God awful last year in the summer league.

I want to give the Sixers the benefit of the doubt, but agreed Embiid is ridiculously injury prone and Simmons was God awful last year in the summer league.

god awful? you kidding me?

don't just make things up

Last edited:
I think everyone agrees it's barring injury though. We saw that Embiid was just that good. All-Star good. Honestly, I may need to refresh my memory but iirc Embiid was instantly super star good. And we already saw them win a bunch of games when he was playing, while on restricted minutes. So there is at least a sample size of success, albeit a small one.

I think it was before Saric started to figure it out too.

Last edited:
Sixers are making the playoffs

41-41 isn't really a reach

Not a reach, but everything has to go right for them to come close to the playoffs.

This is why Philly can't have nice things.

You have nice young talent, we get it. But you're going to have to be patient like everyone else.

Last edited:
god awful? you kidding me?

don't just make things up

Sorry should have prefaced that, other than rebounding and a couple of fancy passes, Simmons sucked last year. But if shooting like 30 percent against what is supposed to be subpar competition, then sure he was fine.

To say their isn't going to be any growing pains whatsoever is ridiculous

Not a reach, but everything has to right for them to come close.

You have nice young talent, we get it. But you're going to have to be patient like everyone else.

the East sucks

it's 2 teams and everybody else

I watched every game this team played last year and now you are about to add Simmons, Fultz, Korkmaz and they will sign or trade for a vet

I didn't say they were going to the ECF, you act as if 41-41 is out of reach, the Heat did that with an injury riddled team

I'm expecting Philly to get off to a slow start. There's a lot of pieces there that are going to have to figure out how to play real basketball and not just force feed embiid every second he's on the floor. Guys like Dario and tlc will have to adjust to being role players and not featured how they were when embiid had his fake surgery. I mean if the Heatles didn't come off the blocks smoking why would they? Granted their roster is 100x better than those Miami teams but still

If everyone can stay healthy at least 80% of the season. Jo in particular the Sixers are making the playoffs in the dew dew East

Not a reach, but everything has to right for them to come close.

the East sucks

it's 2 teams and everybody else

I watched every game this team played last year and now you are about to add Simmons, Fultz, Korkmaz and they will sign or trade for a vet

I didn't say they were going to the ECF, you act as if 41-41 is out of reach, the Heat did that with an injury riddled team

Injury riddled team of pros. Most of your starters could still be in college right now.

Now all the cocky sixers fans are gonna come out the woodwork

I think 98% of this thread is gonna hate Philly by the end of the season.
Every year there's one fan base that gets too big for their britches and comes in here talking crazy. Thought it was gonna be the Jazz this year but I'm down for it being Philly.

Jazz fans are quiet right now because they might lose their best player, if they re-sign Hayward they'll be puffing out their chests.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom