Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate 2016 GS fans ... They dnt know nothing about basketball
— Nick Young (@NickSwagyPYoung) June 11, 2016
roll.gif

They're already way over the cap. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign him to a one year deal and say eff it
Pretty much. Lacob and Gruber are willing to pay that luxury tax because the franchise is making tons of money.

Let's just see if they're willing to pay that tax in a couple of years lol

They're already way over the cap. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign him to a one year deal and say eff it
That's what I am asking though.  How do they re-sign him if they don't have his bird rights since they are over the cap?  Was he just on a league minimum contract or something?

That's what I am asking though.  How do they re-sign him if they don't have his bird rights since they are over the cap?  Was he just on a league minimum contract or something?
They pay millions in luxury tax which they've already committed to when they signed iggy. I could be wrong?

Last edited:
70 wins next season in a more loaded conference and still probably won't lose more than 2 or 3 games in the playoffs. Brazy.

They pay millions in luxury tax which they've already committed to when they signed iggy. I could be wrong?
I understand this.  But to go over the cap to re-sign someone, you have to have their bird rights, which correct me if im wrong, they do not since he has only been on their team for a year?  So if they don't have his bird rights, how do they go over the cap sign a free agent to more than a league minimum contract which is what I am asking.

Javele was on a minimum deal last year. They signed Zaza back for the minimum a few days ago.

Teams are permitted to sign their own free agents using the Non-Bird exception for a salary starting at 120% of the player's previous salary, 120% of the minimum salary, or the amount of a qualifying offer (if the player is a restricted free agent), whichever is greater. Contracts can be for up to four years, with 4.5% annual raises.

Last edited:

Wow, Nick Young to the Warriors. 

I hope Kerr and the coaching staff help him improve,
improve what? 

dude came back this year after being in the dog house under Byron stupid scott. 

Walton got him to work hard and earned his starting spot. 

dude is a corner spot up guy in that system, just aim and fire. 

gonna be fun as hell for him 

This is SO MUCH BETTER than Rondo / Rose. I honestly saw him going somewhere else, especially not LAC.

Limited resources going into FA, and to lose CP at that, to end up with the roster that we have right now has me feeling optimistic. Look at what happens when teams lose their franchise player, like **** could have went really badly for LAC. Health is a big issue, but I can't imagine a better summer for us considering we lost the best player in franchise history in his prime.

Repped.

The team is shaping up to be nice when you consider losing CP3. Possibly still could fight for a 4-6 seed in the west with good health.

Warriors repeat gonna be so easy :smh:

Only thing stopping them in the playoffs is a significant curry or Durant injury :x :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom