OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yikes. Sounds like Florida's offense really struggled in their practice today too. Zaire is garbage.

At this point in Camp the Defense is usually ahead of the O.

I guess it depends on just how bad the offense looked

Pelini told the Vindicator that he sought out Richmond. Through a contact in Steubenville, he learned that Richmond was a student at Youngstown State last season and reached out to his high school coach to confirm. The coach told Pelini that Richmond was in fact attending the university but was not interested in playing football. Pelini went on to learn more about Richmond—both by reading up on the case and talking to people in Steubenville, he said—before meeting with him in January.

What? Why...?

It's worth reading the full quote of what he was getting at, but they're gonna pounce on that snippet

Insightful read. Sounds like a bright, inquisitive young man but I can also see why he rubs people the wrong way with his approach.

Josh The Rosen One said:
Look, football and school don’t go together. They just don’t. Trying to do both is like trying to do two full-time jobs. There are guys who have no business being in school, but they’re here because this is the path to the NFL. There’s no other way. Then there’s the other side that says raise the SAT eligibility requirements. OK, raise the SAT requirement at Alabama and see what kind of team they have. You lose athletes and then the product on the field suffers.

Don’t get me started. I love school, but it’s hard. It’s cool because we’re learning more applicable stuff in my major (Economics)—not just the prerequisite stuff that’s designed to filter out people. But football really dents my ability to take some classes that I need. There are a bunch of classes that are only offered one time. There was a class this spring I had to take, but there was a conflict with spring football, so…

He's obviously right. But there's too much money in this game for substantial change.

DGupTxWVYAAT2Br.jpg

Rosen is absolutely right. Got no problems with what he said. All my USC friends are pounding on him for this but they are blinded by their allegiance.

Love the kid. Might be only 3 bruins i've liked in my life.

GA St's Turner Field renovation has to be one of the nicer G5 stadiums in the country. There has to be only a handful of teams that play in nicer stadiums that aren't also NFL stadiums.

Back
Top Bottom