OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Would ya guys grab to Kingham, Faria, or Buehler if I were to drop Maeda?
Buehler with news of Ryu going to the DL.

Still too soon for Kingham. And if he pitches well they have Musgrove who will be deactivated soon, so who knows what their plan will be.

Dodgers starting pitching is almost never fully healthy. I don't know too much about Faria.

i sorta love my NT team but not so high on my pitchers atm lol

my man odubel been cooking, also getting Schoop back has been awesome

i sorta love my NT team but not so high on my pitchers atm lol

my man odubel been cooking, also getting Schoop back has been awesome

Your squad been pretty solid.

My team finally got into a rhythm back to 3-3 after that 0-3 start lol.

To stash Vlad Jr. or not to stash Vlad Jr. just yet... that is the question :emoji_thinking: . I don't have an NA spot so he would be taking up a bench spot.

To stash Vlad Jr. or not to stash Vlad Jr. just yet... that is the question :emoji_thinking: . I don't have an NA spot so he would be taking up a bench spot.

Have had him since opening day in my N/A spot lol

Not a keeper league tho :lol:

Feel like I need to shake up my starting pitching some. Should I drop Cole Hamels or Zack Godley?

Garrett Richards, Steven Matz, Tyler Anderson, and Kyle Freeland are available, among others. I like Richards' strong K/9, but he doesn't earn many quality starts.

Would be open to getting a solid reliever (no RP limit), though not sure if the lack of QS or SV justifies it enough or not. Currently middle of the road in almost all pitching categories, but am one of the better teams for ERA and K/9.

Feel like I need to shake up my starting pitching some. Should I drop Cole Hamels or Zack Godley?

Garrett Richards, Steven Matz, Tyler Anderson, and Kyle Freeland are available, among others. I like Richards' strong K/9, but he doesn't earn many quality starts.

Would be open to getting a solid reliever (no RP limit), though not sure if the lack of QS or SV justifies it enough or not. Currently middle of the road in almost all pitching categories, but am one of the better teams for ERA and K/9.

Just seeing your post. Tyler Anderson if he's still available.

Just seeing your post. Tyler Anderson if he's still available.
Just added him and he's got a start tomorrow. :nthat:

Currently have Thames, Torres, Cespedes, and Vizcaino on the DL and only two DL spots...need Torres and Cespedes back ASAP after the All-Star break.

Just added him and he's got a start tomorrow. :nthat:

Currently have Thames, Torres, Cespedes, and Vizcaino on the DL and only two DL spots...need Torres and Cespedes back ASAP after the All-Star break.

Gleyber yea, Cespedes meh. Mets are a lost cause :lol: .

I have Sanchez & Doolittle on the DL. Both should be back right after the Break.

I cut Britton now that he's no longer in the closer role and with Vizcaino on the DL and Knebel underperforming, I added Osuna in the hopes he'll be the closer for the Astros once he's back from suspension.

If that doesn't pan out, would it be worth it to get rid of all closers and add relievers with strong K/9, WHIP, and ERA and just punt saves?

I cut Britton now that he's no longer in the closer role and with Vizcaino on the DL and Knebel underperforming, I added Osuna in the hopes he'll be the closer for the Astros once he's back from suspension.

If that doesn't pan out, would it be worth it to get rid of all closers and add relievers with strong K/9, WHIP, and ERA and just punt saves?

Chasing ratios such as WHIP & ERA is definitely a suitable strategy. I've seen guys in my league punt saves.

The trade deadline was yesterday at midnight in my league and this year has been a disaster, so I blew up the squad. It's a 10 team, 4 keeper, max 4 year tenure league. Here's the moves I made:

Trade 1:
I gave - Ozzie Albies
I got - Clayton Kershaw, David Price
Albies would've cost a 4th round pick next year and it's also his last year of keeper eligibility, so I shipped him away. My motive was to flip Kershaw and Price and it ended up working out...

Trade 2:
I gave - Lorenzo Cain, Lance McCullers
I got - Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Cain and McCullers have been good this year but they're not necessarily keeper-worthy (6th and 9th round price tags next year respectively). I got the top prospect in baseball at a 20th round price tag next year for them. He'll also be eligible to be kept for two years after that for 15th then 10th round price tags.

Trade 3:
I gave - Clayton Kershaw
I got - 2019 4th round draft pick
Successful flip. 1st and 2nd round draft picks aren't allowed to be traded so this is close to the maximum value I could've gotten.

Trade 4 (processed at 11:59pm :lol:):
I gave - David Price, 2019 14th round draft pick
I got - 2019 7th round draft pick
Successful flip. I essentially traded Ozzie Albies and a 14th round pick for a 4th and 7th round picks.

I was also entertaining offers for Thor and Strasburg, but couldn't find any suitors. Would've been nice to get a couple more 4th rounders but oh well.

Barring injury or anything crazy happening from now until next year, these are my tentative keepers for next year (draft pick cost over their eligibility in parenthesis):

Vlad Jr. (20 - 15 - 10)
Eloy Jimenez (19 - 17 - 14 - 11) (possibility of two years at 19 if he doesn't get called up to the majors this season.. fingers crossed)
Alex Reyes (21 - 19 - 16 - 13)

Vlad and Eloy are pretty much locks. Reyes isn't set in stone, but his upside paired with his cost is tantalizing. For my last spot I'm debating between Blake Snell (13 - 11 - 8 - 5) or Nick Senzel (22 - 20 - 17 - 14). Also have Cody Bellinger and Rafael Devers in the mix (15 - 10).

I think I set myself up nicely for the future. Secured the top two offensive prospects and arguably the top pitching "prospect" over the next 3+ years. Already looking forward to next season :lol:.

Last edited:
Chasing ratios such as WHIP & ERA is definitely a suitable strategy. I've seen guys in my league punt saves.
Yeah we'll see how it plays out and who my playoff opponent(s) will be. Some guys in the league are focusing on saves.

The trade deadline was yesterday at midnight in my league and this year has been a disaster, so I blew up the squad. It's a 10 team, 4 keeper, max 4 year tenure league. Here's the moves I made:

Trade 1:
I gave - Ozzie Albies
I got - Clayton Kershaw, David Price
Albies would've cost a 4th round pick next year and it's also his last year of keeper eligibility, so I shipped him away. My motive was to flip Kershaw and Price and it ended up working out...

Trade 2:
I gave - Lorenzo Cain, Lance McCullers
I got - Vlad Guerrero Jr.
Cain and McCullers have been good this year but they're not necessarily keeper-worthy (6th and 9th round price tags next year respectively). I got the top prospect in baseball at a 20th round price tag next year for them. He'll also be eligible to be kept for two years after that for 15th then 10th round price tags.

Trade 3:
I gave - Clayton Kershaw
I got - 2019 4th round draft pick
Successful flip. 1st and 2nd round draft picks aren't allowed to be traded so this is close to the maximum value I could've gotten.

Trade 4 (processed at 11:59pm :lol:):
I gave - David Price, 2019 14th round draft pick
I got - 2019 7th round draft pick
Successful flip. I essentially traded Ozzie Albies and a 14th round pick for a 4th and 7th round picks.

I was also entertaining offers for Thor and Strasburg, but couldn't find any suitors. Would've been nice to get a couple more 4th rounders but oh well.

Barring injury or anything crazy happening from now until next year, these are my tentative keepers for next year (draft pick cost over their eligibility in parenthesis):

Vlad Jr. (20 - 15 - 10)
Eloy Jimenez (19 - 17 - 14 - 11) (possibility of two years at 19 if he doesn't get called up to the majors this season.. fingers crossed)
Alex Reyes (21 - 19 - 16 - 13)

Vlad and Eloy are pretty much locks. Reyes isn't set in stone, but his upside paired with his cost is tantalizing. For my last spot I'm debating between Blake Snell (13 - 11 - 8 - 5) or Nick Senzel (22 - 20 - 17 - 14). Also have Cody Bellinger and Rafael Devers in the mix (15 - 10).

I think I set myself up nicely for the future. Secured the top two offensive prospects and arguably the top pitching "prospect" over the next 3+ years. Already looking forward to next season :lol:.
Looks like you loaded up well for following seasons. Felt like you could've gotten more for Kershaw, like a 3rd round pick or a 4th rounder + something else. But, I guess that all depends on how desperate a team is to go all-in on this year since unlike the majors, fantasy teams have roughly similar odds to win championships year in and year out. So I can see how a 4th round pick is a difficult piece for a team to give away.

Yeah we'll see how it plays out and who my playoff opponent(s) will be. Some guys in the league are focusing on saves.

Looks like you loaded up well for following seasons. Felt like you could've gotten more for Kershaw, like a 3rd round pick or a 4th rounder + something else. But, I guess that all depends on how desperate a team is to go all-in on this year since unlike the majors, fantasy teams have roughly similar odds to win championships year in and year out. So I can see how a 4th round pick is a difficult piece for a team to give away.
We have rules that limit the amount of draft picks you can give/receive so it's really difficult to nab multiple picks for one player. And you can only trade picks for the following draft. Everyone has a love/hate relationship with the rule :lol:. It was kind of implemented because of me; I traded Machado a few years ago for a 4th/5th in the next draft, and a 3rd in the following. Dude won the chip that year and my team was stacked for the next, so the trade worked out both ways. But everyone else was sour :lol:.

This thread died this summer.

Dk how I pulled it off but I won my league :pimp: $1K. Got v lucky with pitching matchups in the semi's & finals + having Yelich carry my team the way he has. Definitely keeping him for next season. Drafted him R3.

Back
Top Bottom