Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** this is bringing back memories of Lamar Odom after the CP3 trade fell through and he wanted no parts of the lakers anymore. I hope this ends better for both us and Puig :frown:

So they told him he was being dealt or sent down to okc....but then didnt do either.
So toles and svs are better? Lmao. Howie in left/utley at 2B/reddick in RF is a better option..?? Vs madbum or moore?? Lol.
I need to know more about this debacle.

So now tim brown is reporting he was told NOT to report to the stadium to travel...rosenthal backpedals.."he couldnt have stormed off if he was never there".

Make every effort to deal him...demote him(over .300 since coming off DL and leads team with .324 RISP) and leave toles/taylor on the 25 man. Wtf is goin on, man.

Ken Rosenthal is a dweeb. The twerp is now saying he has "adjusted" his original report. That's a humble way to take an L. What a turd blossom.

So hows this gonna work out..? "Were gonna try to trade u,and if we cant,pack your bags for okc. And were keeping toles/taylor"...I mean............now what?

Just put him on waivers, man. Unless this is a crash course or refresher to play LF full time(the assumption is they're handing reddick RF)...the damage has to be done. If anyone should be being platooned, its reddick and joc while implementing a solid 4 man rotation(with trayce)based on matchups and rest periods. And so i guess kendrick is gonna be in the mix for LF. WHY. why make the situation even cloudier when you have 4 solid OFers and a better option at 2B in howie with utley being an IF utility guy playing a couple times a week???

Last edited:
imo it goes beyond all that puig has overstayed his welcome.

i just feel as if no one on the team roots for him anymore, squad is just tired of yasiel.

so the they pretty much said F it no one wanted to trade for puig let him know he isnt part of their plans moving forward.

gonna be a salty breakup, just put him on waivers

My opinion-25 yrs old/cost controlled/5 tools/untapped potential/arb eligible.

But.....if this is internal and irreconcilable...yes, just put him on waivers like manram in 2010.

That's the only way any of this makes sense.

So hows this gonna work out..? "Were gonna try to trade u,and if we cant,pack your bags for okc. And were keeping toles/taylor"...I mean............now what?

Just put him on waivers, man. Unless this is a crash course or refresher to play LF full time(the assumption is they're handing reddick RF)...the damage has to be done. If anyone should be being platooned, its reddick and joc while implementing a solid 4 man rotation(with trayce)based on matchups and rest periods. And so i guess kendrick is gonna be in the mix for LF. WHY. why make the situation even cloudier when you have 4 solid OFers and a better option at 2B in howie with utley being an IF utility guy playing a couple times a week???

Because the Dodgers don't have 4 solid outfielders.

Trayce Thompson has cooled off significantly, Joc Pederson is your best option defensively in CF but can't hit lefties to save his life (.133 BA :wow:), Howie Kendrick is an infielder and who knows what is going on with Puig.

Best scenario was Puig getting shipped out at the deadline which didn't happen, clearly they don't want him on the team, he's still an asset under a team friendly contract. You don't put him on waivers, he'll get claimed by every team. Hold on to him, deal him at the winter meetings.

Last edited:
He was said to have not disclosed his back injury while playing..so who knows how/how long that affected him during the regression period.
As for puig, If hes toxic, u gotta get rid of him, right? Burnt bridges, right? Waiving team can arrange trades by claiming teams, right? Its revocable, right? What difference does it make at this point????

Puig the type of guy that will come back into our house with some other team and make us look stupid.

this x 1000. someone on ESPN mentioned a joey bautista type situation where we deal puig away at 25 and he ends up killing it at his new team and becomes an all star player for the next 10+ years. I DO NOT want to see that happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom