Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now let's see what happens as far as retaliation :smh:
Corey and howie better get the **** out of the way of any potential double plays they try to turn
But I see either Corey or Gonzalez getting nailed in the back or facing some chin music

1)Never turn your back on the incoming runner
2) Gotta get 1 out and get the **** out of the way

It is what it is. They'll change the rule soon that you cant run into the guy at 2nd base

He was in the "neighborhood", he was technically out of the way :lol:... Chase, chased him.

Don't know how dodgers fans are trying to defend this. Take the W, quietly.

I want W's, not like this though.
I don't like it either, don't wanna see anybody get injured.

But from what I understand, it wasn't a "neighborhood play" because they said it couldn't be a double play based off of the throw, so essentially it's a "force play"
And with replay now, everything has to happen. I don't like it, but replay has forced all the lil petty stuff to be called/not called

Last edited:
So every runner slides into the second baseman on every double play but now it's an issue?

Sucks that dude broke his leg but come on.

The only think you can hope for is that this throws off the young Mets.

While the pitching has been somewhat even, the Mets have been the better team offensively.

Not going to say the mets should be up 2-0 cause it was a 2-1 ball game with plenty of at bats left. Just hate chalking it up as "offensive momentum" when the umps gave the dodgers a huge gift and at the same time mind ****** the mets and every mlb fan watching the game.

So every runner slides into the second baseman on every double play but now it's an issue?

Maybe a late slide but that's good hard nosed baseball.
I agree, the reason it's a big topic is because dude broke his leg, which sucks.

They didn't make a big deal of the Pirates 2nd basemen was taken out a couple weeks ago (out 6-8 months)

Was utley late? Yes. Does it happen all the time? Yes. Did tejada leave himself vulnerable? Yes. You never turn your back on the runner sliding into you. He wasn't going to get the double play, so get the hell out of the way

Last edited:

Yeah I don't have too big issue with the slide

But Utley should have been called out for that play regardless
Anyway, they couldn't stop Gonzo and Turner from those clutch hits so oh well

Every talking head, former and current players are in their feelings right now. :lol:

Monday gonna be heated. Hope nobody on our team does anything stupid. Settle this next year. Or whatever team Utley is playing on :D

Last edited:
I agree, the reason it's a big topic is because dude broke his leg, which sucks.

They didn't make a big deal of the Pirates 2nd basemen was taken out a couple weeks ago (out 6-8 months)

Was utley late? Yes. Does it happen all the time? Yes. Did tejada leave himself vulnerable? Yes. You never turn your back on the runner sliding into you. He wasn't going to get the double play, so get the hell out of the way

I'm with you bro.

The whole play was just awkward as hell, Tejada had his back turned and Utley did what he had to do. It's unfortunate that Tejada broke his leg.

But if the roles were reversed I'm sure the Mets would take out Seager, it's the POST-SEASON.

Hopefully this wakes this team up and Mattingley stops putting bums like Crawford in there.

I don't fully agree with the slide, but it is what it is. It's getting 20x more attention because it's the playoffs, everybody hates the Dodgers (because of their inflated payroll and we can buy anything demeanor), and the Phillies/utley vs mets rivalry.

If the roles would have been reversed dodger fans would be saying it's dirty and mets fans woulda said it's the playoffs yada yada yada.

Crawford should not see the field the rest of the nlds, only to pinch run. Wouldn't mind taking a shot at Puig, but that's a risk considering he's been out for a while.

Seager and Kendrick gotta be careful 24/7 now. Watch out for cespedes to pull an Albert belle 2.0 at 2nd base :lol:

Dodgers gotta win the next game. If not, the story is already written for kershaw to get lit game 4 and they get eliminated, once again :smh:

Utley's numbers against Harvey compared to Kendrick's have/have had him in the lineup.

I expect someone to take one in the back tonight regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom