OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

honestly want safari and 3 m. definitely dont need. just gimme though. what are the materials on the 3m

The material on the 3M looks to have micro perforations and is obviously fully synthetic. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most durable 95 to date because of the materials.

And to be honest, I'm not 100% sure on how limited the 3M and Safari are, but I'd sure be interested if anyone had info. Some people were talking about it like it was a UK exclusive, but I'm sure most of us are hoping for a world release.

Last edited:
Anyone using these as running shoes? These seem to have some break in time required as they get more comfy with each wear. Do these feel as comfy as the 2015 air max shoes or are those still better?
Man I wore mine to work the other day and they had my feet in so much pain :lol: they're probably as comfortable as those shoes Heihachi wears. I love the look but not wearing these for extended periods.

I was l
That comment made me remember the arch supports that used to come in the box with most Nikes in the 90s:

It's funny that they don't do this anymore, because I notice that most of the insoles still have the cutout to attach the support with the double-sided tape that came in the bag with the arch supports.

The 04's had them also in red. I was looking everywhere for the attachment piece when I i first took the insole out. I was hyped for a second.

Last edited:
Man I wore mine to work the other day and they had my feet in so much pain :lol: they're probably as comfortable as those shoes Heihachi wears. I love the look but not wearing these for extended periods.

Glad it's not just me, I had mine on for about an hour through the mall and couldn't wait to take them off in the car lol... Got hella looks and "man I remember those, where did you get them" remarks lol

Nike sells the 2015 AM95 Neon under their Sportswear line and not as a running shoe. Sure you can still run in them, but there are better options out there.

Last edited:
Nike sells the 2015 AM95 Neon under their Sportswear line and not as a running shoe. Sure you can still run in them, but there are better options out there.

I guess that's where I get confused. Sportswear line to me sounds like Nike puts less effort into the quality and they make them only for causal use only.

That's exactly the case. Sportswear usually = for aesthetics only, often retro product. Not to say you CAN'T use them for performance, but you'd be better off getting something new. 

Last edited:

Plus Nike has stripped out the tech that made the OGs so great for running, but still charges a premium price...one of the reasons I'm never buying another pair of 95s retail

Plus Nike has stripped out the tech that made the OGs so great for running, but still charges a premium price...one of the reasons I'm never buying another pair of 95s retail
Can you explain what tech has been removed? I'm interested in knowing.

It's not so much that the tech has been removed, it's just not an emphasis the way it used to be. All you need to do is compare the volume of the Air bags themselves to see that. 

It's not just this shoe, either, this happens across the board. A lot of retro Nike basketball stuff have Zoom Air units inside that are way smaller than their OG counterparts. 

Last edited:
Can you explain what tech has been removed? I'm interested in knowing.
B
Me too. To me these are just like the 2015 air max's as they both have...air.

In addition to the OG 95 air bags being larger the air chambers in the heel had different pressures (that's the PSI you see labeled on the latest retros) so when running you had a firm bounce on foot strike transitioning to soft cushioning as you transitioned to toe off. They were amazing to run in; what Nike retros is a poor imitation of what the OG was. No more dual pressure and not nearly as comfortable. Air bags have zero give and are just there for show IMO.

Last edited:
In addition to the OG 95 air bags being larger the air chambers in the heel had different pressures (that's the PSI you see labeled on the latest retros) so when running you had a firm bounce on foot strike transitioning to soft cushioning as you transitioned to toe off. They were amazing to run in; what Nike retros is a poor imitation of what the OG was. No more dual pressure and not nearly as comfortable.
Good info!

I have heard of a lot of issues with the original air units on the original 95's. However, I wouldn't really consider this "removing tech" as the user above put it. I'm sure Nike has some reasoning behind the altered PSI and air unit. It's not like it wouldn't be easy to just recreate the original without any alteration. In addition to this, I have always heard that the 95 was designed for distance runners with more power and weight who come crashing down on the shoes sole (this also explains why the air unit really shines).. 

I'll also mention that I appreciate actually talking about shoes and not seeing so many posts chained together about how much something costs or is retailing for..

am95 aren't running sneakers. ascis or new balance are designed for running.

we need a new color beside NEON. its getting old.

Back
Top Bottom