Official 2021-2022 Charlotte Hornets Thread : Bouknight, Jones, The LaMelo Era

Malik Monk
pimp.gif
Did we finally get something right? It's almost still hard to believe we didn't mess that up somehow.

I found it really comforting that apparently Mitchell would have been the pick had Monk not been there. I was nervous all week we were gonna draft Kennard.

I'm not entirely sold on the Bacon pick personally, but in that position it's low risk. He seemed super streaky at FSU and disappeared in a lot of big games.

Looks like....

PG - Kemba, Weber, Bacon

SG - Batum, Monk, Graham

SF - MKG, Lamb

PF - Marvin, Kaminsky, O'Bryant

C - Zeller, Howard,  _____

Still have midlevel exception to use. I'd prob go after another wing, maybe get some more veteran shooting. Play Bryant at C if you have to.

Either way, hit a HR with Monk.

If we also keep Weber as third PG (which I hope we do), seems to be one roster spot left for probably a 3/4

Gonna be a rough start with no mkg or Batum.

Was a nice game for Bacon tonight and I was impressed by Stone. Wonder if he will challenge MCW for minutes.

Does anyone know if the team shorts are available anywhere? Been looking at some sites and can't find them

Not that anyone really posts here but....

My draft takes:

- Was hoping we couldn’t package the 11th pick with Kaminsky and one of the bad contracts like Batum for literally anything

- Sexton was top of my draft board. Was exited for SGA as he was second for me

- was upset on Miles Bridges on draft night. Thought we should have kept SGA or taken the risk on Porter. Now though I’ve come around on the pick

I actually like bridges at the 4, he could be a monster. The person I hope takes a big leap this year is bacon. Dude has so much talent but I question his heart.

I actually like bridges at the 4, he could be a monster. The person I hope takes a big leap this year is bacon. Dude has so much talent but I question his heart.

Bacon played great first 15 games last year then got saddled on bench.

Hopefully Borrego will but Batum and MKG on the bench if they played like they did last year despite their contracts. Felt at times as if Cliff played payroll over hot hand.

REVIVING THIS THREAD in case anyone else cares? LOL

Bouknight has looked pretty solid so far in summer league and Kai Jones looks to be trying too hard. Mitch's comments today that they don't want to spend a ton of money on the center position because they believe the future may already be on the roster is really perplexing to me:

PJ Washington - Undersized 5, and honestly the best trade chip we have outside of Rozier's expiring contract. I was kind of hoping he would get moved in a deal for Myles Turner.

Kai Jones - Unproven rookie

Vernon Carey / Nick Richards - I'm not sure either of these guys is an NBA hooper. I'm not sure what people see in Carey, he hasn't shown me anything of note

Plumlee - I mean...come on. This is a huge downgrade from Zeller at a higher cost. (I realize Cody probably wanted to leave)

Back
Top Bottom