OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
These kids leaving OU sound corny as hell lol. Just say you want to win elsewhere. Tweets looking like when white peoples apologize for saying something racist 😂
Real talk kids these days live more for the edits and iPhone screen grabs for when they chop their list down from 30 schools to 10, committing, de-committing, and then hitting the portal with the infamous…’respect my decision’ followed by a Bible verse or rap lyric.

Remember that one time 16 years ago now when I watched my team win a title and we talked about it around the lunch table in grade school? Those were the days!

20211130_163615.jpg

Gulf Stream G550, blondie in the plane, getting paid; dude is living it up… no wonder he only spent 2 min at south bend this morning.

Real talk kids these days live more for the edits and iPhone screen grabs for when they chop their list down from 30 schools to 10, committing, de-committing, and then hitting the portal with the infamous…’respect my decision’ followed by a Bible verse or rap lyric.
I totally agree. What happen to the days of kids going to their dream school. Now days kids go where their friends are going.

The amusing things about that whole Roy Manning situation are
1. Domani isn't an OU target. Manning wasn't in home representing OU with Domani and telling him to go to SC, he's just pulling double duty
2. Orgeron and Stoops did this all the time when they were HCs to keep recruits away from other conference rivals (how do you think SC got Joe McKnight)
3. Bill Bedenbaugh is also still recruiting for both OU and SC but they don't want to fire him either because they're trying to hold together their year and their class til the end.

College football has always been the ultimate hustle but in the modern era we live in this is truly the modern day Wild Wild West. I can barely keep up with all the drama. Good heavens.

College football has always been the ultimate hustle but in the modern era we live in this is truly the modern day Wild Wild West. I can barely keep up with all the drama. Good heavens.

1) It makes sense for the NCAA to get rid of the early signing period. The intention was good (allowing long committed players who were done with the recruiting process to just sign early and get it over with) but it's had the unintended consequence of pushing coaching hires earlier and earlier. Because of the early signing period in December, coaches are getting fired in October and being poached in November (before their seasons are even over) because they are needed on the recruiting trail.

2) The NCAA needs to implement NFL-style rules around interviewing and accepting jobs. For example, NFL teams have to grant their staff members permission to interview for other jobs and there are rules around when teams can interview and offer jobs. College football is the wild west with backstabbing, back door deals and blind-siding your players, administration and even your own staff members. Coaches are literally leaving under the cloak of darkness to avoid detection.

Last edited:

*insert TO that’s my QB meme*

Curious to see who Mario would hire as OC to maximize TVD and our skill guys’ talent. He obviously would put up numbers under Lane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom