OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that in the 8 years of the CFP, three of the winners wouldn't have even had a shot in the BCS era.

We've talked about this before, exhaustively, but it's a concept you seem to really struggle with :lol:

Ohio State would not have been in the game, that is true, but the other two (especially this year's Georgia team) almost certainly would have. But whatever to make you feel like Georgia is some great underdog to make the story better. To the victors go the spoils.

Last edited:
He was terrible, so would have been nice to see him hang around. Wonder if they promote Clancy.

Not a chance in helll

And Jimmy sexton kept playing hard ball with UCLA. As u see you see nothing was happening till the dc was fried
He's been trying to work out an extension and wasn't budging to UCLA's demands. There was some pressure from the fans to fire him but they're not going to do that after 8-4 with a blowout of LSU. They are also financially strapped and there was some fear that they would enter the coaching carousel and get left holding the bag.

Last edited:
They’d have to target a Campbell or Fickell right?

Maybe BOB for my guy Bobby Layne Bobby Layne :lol:
Campbell probably isn't going to move this late in the cycle. And he and Fickell know Day won't be at Ohio State in 3 years, and Cincy is paying him $3.4M per (not quite because the contract is allegedly front loaded.) They both may just wait at this point.

That said, both looked around, so who knows. Can't say anything would be a surprise at this point.

We've talked about this before, exhaustively, but it's a concept you seem to really struggle with :lol:

Ohio State would not have been in the game, that is true, but the other two (especially this year's Georgia team) almost certainly would have. But whatever to make you feel like Georgia is some great underdog to make the story better. To the victors go the spoils.

What the heck are you talking about? You think if the BCS existed, 2017 Alabama would have made the title game? They would have magically vaulted from #4 to #2? Or this year's Georgia team would have gone from #3 to #2. If you look at the AP/ coaches polls and the BCS formula, both 2017 Alabama and 2021 UGA would have been in the exact spot they were in the CFP playoff.

But let me guess, you're going to hit me with your poll manipulation qanon theory. 🤣🤣🤣.

SmartSelect_20220113-120244_Chrome.jpg

That's a pretty good hire for Houston imo. He's still connected down there right N41D N41D

Jinks rocks. Yeah, he'll have tons of in-roads to take advantage of.

Was surprised Tech didn't pursue him - he and McGuire have been tight for a long time.

Jinks rocks. Yeah, he'll have tons of in-roads to take advantage of.

Was surprised Tech didn't pursue him - he and McGuire have been tight for a long time.
Took Manjack with him.

Keep an eye on Bryan Carrington

What the heck are you talking about? You think if the BCS existed, 2017 Alabama would have made the title game? They would have magically vaulted from #4 to #2? Or this year's Georgia team would have gone from #3 to #2. If you look at the AP/ coaches polls and the BCS formula, both 2017 Alabama and 2021 UGA would have been in the exact spot they were in the CFP playoff.

But let me guess, you're going to hit me with your poll manipulation qanon theory. 🤣🤣🤣.
As I said. We've talked about this exhaustively. The CFP committee's ranking of teams is not representative of what the actual polls would be.

You: "but but this simulation of the BCS says that this year Georgia would be #3! The Coaches poll had Georgia 3rd!"

Look. People vote differently when they think their vote actually has an impact on the final outcome. And in the BCS it would. No one would vote Michigan (who everyone knew was going to get clapped, despite my hopes they'd steal one from UGA) ahead of a Georgia team that was the only 12-0 regular season P5 and that they spent the entire season saying was an all time great team.

The "poll manipulation q anon theory" crack of yours kinda just highlights you're a casual who keeps talking about the BCS without actually knowing how it worked and who doesn't understand basic sociology. Or for that matter, know **** about your own conference prior to Kirby getting there. How do you think Florida got in the 2007 title game?

Your obsession with this "lil' ol' Jawja, nobody believed in us" narrative is ****ing weird man.

Last edited:
And by the way, I still can't get over you posting this screen shot:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.45.47 PM.png

With this comment:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 4.45.56 PM.png

Like the numbers aren't right there.

But you want me to take you seriously in a discussion about numbered rankings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom