OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Kenny Shaw and Rashad Greene? Guess Travis Rudolph from that era too. None of those were high upside guys though. Low ceiling, high floor dudes with low end NFL talent.
Shaw was like 70 yards from giving FSU 3 1000 yard receivers that championship year. Kelvin Benjamin had over 1000 yards and 15 TDs that season.

6F08BE4A-4A1F-40B0-9496-D7D4D1C8C39F.jpeg

Putting the breadcrumbs together Harbaugh hired Elston the D Line coach from ND. I think he’s staying at Michigan. Still need to sign that extension

Did anyone honestly ask? :lol:

Like why would he transfer for a situation that EVERY receiver wants to come to.

Bama lost their top 3 receivers to the draft and he has the best shot than anyone in the country to start next year :lol:
Because Saban wasn’t playing him until injury necessitated it. I’m guessing they weren’t trying to fight for him to stay and their tone changed this week.

Damn Iowa extended Ferentz through 2029…

:lol:

I feel like Iowa is always on the cusp of being very good and for whatever reason they can’t get it together.

Looks like for 2022 they managed to get the best guys in the state but I would imagine trying to recruit guys to Iowa is a ****ing nightmare.

I feel like Iowa is always on the cusp of being very good and for whatever reason they can’t get it together.

Looks like for 2022 they managed to get the best guys in the state but I would imagine trying to recruit guys to Iowa is a ****ing nightmare.

Yeah I think we’ve seen their ceiling. Ferentz will have them 10-2 then 6-6 then 8-4 and get another extension. I know a few Iowa fans aren’t super happy about it

Darnell Washington has taken all UGA stuff on his social media, he's probably transferring. I get it from his perspective:
- We don't utilize him enough in the passing game enough
- the emergence of Brock Bowers is taking targets away from him
- There is likely to be a log jam at TE with Arik Gilbert and Oscar Delp on the roster next year

He's had great team success and now he's focused on individual success. He has a family to take care of. I could see him going back West. Would be a huge pickup for a team like USC

Shaw was like 70 yards from giving FSU 3 1000 yard receivers that championship year. Kelvin Benjamin had over 1000 yards and 15 TDs that season.

6F08BE4A-4A1F-40B0-9496-D7D4D1C8C39F.jpeg
I forgot how good Benjamin was that year. Sheesh. Shame that he didn’t have work ethic and ate his way out of the league. Though I never thought that he’d be able to separate in the league anyways.

Did anyone honestly ask? :lol:

Like why would he transfer for a situation that EVERY receiver wants to come to.

Bama lost their top 3 receivers to the draft and he has the best shot than anyone in the country to start next year :lol:

I hate to sound like a boomer but so many young players don't want to deal with any adversity. Like many players, he had a rough true freshman year. Did he think we was going to come in a true freshman, never struggle and completely dominate,

He's an uber-talented prospect, playing in a WR-friendly offense with a Heisman trophy-winning QB. There isn't a better situation in the country for him to be in. Was he really thinking about cutting and running?

Darnell Washington has taken all UGA stuff on his social media, he's probably transferring. I get it from his perspective:
- There is likely to be a log jam at TE with Arik Gilbert and Oscar Delp on the roster next year

He's had great team success and now he's focused on individual success. He has a family to take care of. I could see him going back West. Would be a huge pickup for a team like USC
Would he be a huge pickup for USC? He’s not even that good. His money position is probably Tackle to be honest. He’s huge but he’s a pretty stiff TE in his route running. He was a pretty overrated recruit TBH (as a TE, especially with how his body has developed).

Found aepps20 aepps20 in the wild supporting his teams on the biggest stage of them all, the CFB NCG 😍😍😍

Dis what Thibs was talking about. Good thing he has an astigmatism so he can’t see it from too far

I’ve mentioned this to dacomeup dacomeup but there’s a wave of transfers expected. A lot of Trinity league and Gorman etc kids expected to move back West.

I don’t know if I’d want Washington though. I guess the more the merrier but we have Malcolm Epps, who is built similarly and better right now but on his last year., and Duce Robinson coming next year. Trigg was a big loss but Lake McRee is the goods so we’ll survive without Washington.

Yeah I think we’ve seen their ceiling. Ferentz will have them 10-2 then 6-6 then 8-4 and get another extension. I know a few Iowa fans aren’t super happy about it

They’re not happy because they know Kirk is going to finesse his son in there.

10-2 is their ceiling, and I think most of them know that.

Would he be a huge pickup for USC? He’s not even that good. His money position is probably Tackle to be honest. He’s huge but he’s a pretty stiff TE in his route running. He was a pretty overrated recruit TBH (as a TE, especially with how his body has developed).

I’ve mentioned this to dacomeup dacomeup but there’s a wave of transfers expected. A lot of Trinity league and Gorman etc kids expected to move back West.

I don’t know if I’d want Washington though. I guess the more the merrier but we have Malcolm Epps, who is built similarly and better right now but on his last year., and Duce Robinson coming next year. Trigg was a big loss but Lake McRee is the goods so we’ll survive without Washington.

Darnell is far from a perfect prospect. He's 6 ft 8, 275 lbs. He should either lose 25 lbs, work on his route running and explosiveness and become an elite TE or gain 25 lbs, get stronger and become a fleet of foot OT prospect.

He doesn't get great separation and he's a sloppy route runner, his game is too dependent on just being bigger than defenders.

That being said, he still has a lot of potential and I could see Lincoln Riley coming up w/ some great schemes to utilize him.

damn, Darnell is 275 now?!?!?!

I remember seeing him about 3 years ago at a Adidas camp our nephew was at. I was outside the JC stadium, trying to get some puffs in and I see a Escalade pull up. A guy comes out and is just towering over the Escalade. Thought it was some basketball player coming to see fam.

Saw him talking to a couple of people and they give him some cleats. Straight walked on the field, cold turkey, and just toasted everyone. He looked the part. I had to ask who that was because he was a specimen.

You know who else could have been very good at TE?.........................DJ Uiagelei.

damn, Darnell is 275 now?!?!?!

I remember seeing him about 3 years ago at a Adidas camp our nephew was at. I was outside the JC stadium, trying to get some puffs in and I see a Escalade pull up. A guy comes out and is just towering over the Escalade. Thought it was some basketball player coming to see fam.

Saw him talking to a couple of people and they give him some cleats. Straight walked on the field, cold turkey, and just toasted everyone. He looked the part. I had to ask who that was because he was a specimen.

You know who else could have been very good at TE?.........................DJ Uiagelei.

He's listed as 6 ft 7, 265 lbs. Most UGA fans think he's heavier than that. He moves quickly fora guy of his size but too slow to get separation from SEC LBs and safeties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom