OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think stet knew all along he was going to come back considering he not gonna do anything in the league. I have no issue with him coming back besides the fact that 70% of his passes go to Brock. But I think kirby knows that BV is on the upswing and gonna probably take that starting job. He already told stet to transfer before but we will see. I'm still waiting on Carson to enter the portal
Does he have the guts to bench Bennett when he’s out here doing public appearances?

You gonna take the man’s job when he’s in all those chicken spot ads?

Does he have the guts to bench Bennett when he’s out here doing public appearances?

You gonna take the man’s job when he’s in all those chicken spot ads?
I think he does but we'll see. He benched Stetson in 2020 when he struggled.
If Stetson plays well, he'll likely continue to start unless he gets hurt of Brock Vandagriff is superhuman

Last edited:
could have swore Kirby kept riding with Fromm to the detriment of the team.

Perhaps he's learned from that debacle?

Not really. Fromm was top 5 in QBR and passer rating in 2018. It didn't make sense to bench that guy
those stats didnt really mean much. If we want to be real, Stetson's numbers this year were as equal to Fromm's, if not better.

So it makes sense to bench the QB who won a NC for them? I don't get it.

I do get your idea of "everyone can lose their job" mentality. If Steton struggles big time, then yeah, he should be able to be benched.

But all of this talk brings me back to the Fromm days when you were the only person in here who thought Fromm was good and should absolutely NOT lose his job. This after UGA finished the year outside of the top 10 and lost to the mighty Longhorns, a game Fromm didnt necessarily light up.

those stats didnt really mean much. If we want to be real, Stetson's numbers this year were as equal to Fromm's, if not better.

So it makes sense to bench the QB who won a NC for them? I don't get it.

I do get your idea of "everyone can lose their job" mentality. If Steton struggles big time, then yeah, he should be able to be benched.

But all of this talk brings me back to the Fromm days when you were the only person in here who thought Fromm was good and should absolutely NOT lose his job. This after UGA finished the year outside of the top 10 and lost to the mighty Longhorns, a game Fromm didnt necessarily light up.

🧢🧢🧢

Jake Fromm played very well in the 2018 season.

I think there is this narrative that Jake played terrible and it was an obvious decision to play fields ahead of him in 2018 and that isn't the case. Kirby would have caught just as much flack for benching, one of the most efficient QBs in the nation for a true freshman as he does now for not making the decision. Congrats to Texas though on winning the Sugar Bowl that half of UGA's roster opted out of

Jake played terrible in 2019, I've been very consistent about that position, but we literally had two healthy scholarship QB's on the roster that season (Fromm and Bennett).

again, Stetson's stats this season were as good, if not better, than Fromm that year. Put them up and compare. And he did it without two 1000 yard backs and a better running game.

So what is it? Why was Fromm clearly safe to you coming off that year and Steton isn't? And there's ZERO indication anyone on the current roster is about to push Stetson like Fromm had with Fields.

Seems like a double standard here. It wasn't about Fromm being terrible. Its about how Fromm was safe that year but the guy who won a NC shouldn't be?

You're deflecting. You posted Fromm's "excellent stats" but fail to acknowledge Stetson did the same.

The congrats to Texas for winning the Sugar Bowl that half of UGA's roster opted out is deflecting. That narrative is tired. Its used every year UGA loses a bowl game. Lets not get off track with the Texas game.

just to recap, Steton was referred to by you as "efficient" but Fromm played very well (even though they had the same stats). And "Kirby should do everything in his power to upgrade that position", which is a slight to Stetson. Lets be real.

again, Stetson's stats this season were as good, if not better, than Fromm that year. Put them up and compare. And he did it without two 1000 yard backs and a better running game.

So what is it? Why was Fromm clearly safe to you coming off that year and Steton isn't? And there's ZERO indication anyone on the current roster is about to push Stetson like Fromm had with Fields.

Seems like a double standard here. It wasn't about Fromm being terrible. Its about how Fromm was safe that year but the guy who won a NC shouldn't be?

You're deflecting. You posted Fromm's "excellent stats" but fail to acknowledge Stetson did the same.

The congrats to Texas for winning the Sugar Bowl that half of UGA's roster opted out is deflecting. That narrative is tired. Its used every year UGA loses a bowl game. Lets not get off track with the Texas game.

Jake was only safe because he continued to play well as seen by his incredibly efficient passing. During the 2018 season, the team performed well and he played well. If he didn't play well, then he would have gotten benched. With Jake's struggles in 2019, he likely would have lost his job if Justin Fields had stayed, but he left. The only reason Jake kept his job in 2019 was because we had no one else to turn to.

Stetson is safe as long as he plays well. If he doesn't play well and is the cause of us losing games and he will lose his job.

just to recap, Steton was referred to by you as "efficient" but Fromm was great (even though they had the same stats). And "Kirby should do everything in his power to upgrade that position", which is a slight to Stetson. Lets be real.

Now you're just arguing semantics ("great", "well", "efficient"). The transfer portal didn't exist in its current form in 2018, so there wasn't a way for Georgia to immediately upgrade the QB position. Otherwise it would have said the same thing after the 2018 season.

Now you're just arguing semantics ("great", "well", "efficient"). The transfer portal didn't exist in its current form in 2018, so there wasn't a way for Georgia to immediately upgrade the QB position. Otherwise it would have said the same thing after the 2018 season.
you know damn well its a lie you would have said the same thing after the 2018 season. You were slurpin that Fromm hype hard man. Come on.

Semantics? You called Stetson "efficient" but Fromm played very well when both had similar individual statistics but one won a NC. You don't remember what you said?

Cool. I'll let it go. Just seems funny to me.

This is the dark side of the transfer portal. Entered the In June, spent the entire season away from the Alabama program, only to transfer to a FCS school. People giving these kids bad advice

If you’re not a big name guy or big time FCS and you enter the portal without knowing your options you’re screwed

Most of the smaller name guys are screwed anyway if they stay so I'm all for them Letting it RIP HAMILTON

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom