OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Lash kills it there
They're going to be solid. There's enough second/third tier talent throughout north and east Texas that they can live off it.

They also, finally, seem like they have their ducks in a row and have some level of alignment between the university and athletics.

nako xl nako xl

What should I know here?

He’s in Houston for spring break and visiting campus with FAST houston. I don’t know if he’s playing in a tourney down there or went specifically for this visit, which would be sort of concerning.

Kid is legit for a sophomore. I‘ll ask if there’s any worries he could flip. Still 2024 is a long way away and Donte is our best recruiter.

They're going to be solid. There's enough second/third tier talent throughout north and east Texas that they can live off it.

They also, finally, seem like they have their ducks in a row and have some level of alignment between the university and athletics.
There was a pretty good article on the Athletic about how he was building their recruiting dept out too

Yes, Young Jeezy is the person who popularized that term

This is the most devious and deceitful thing about white people. They will take a phrase, art form, song, dance, etc that has been around for decades and throw a trademark on it allowing them to own it now.

Just imagine some white folks in business suits at UF "owning" the phrase "scared money don't make none" 🤦🏿‍♂️

Last edited:
Did you just learn about cultural appropriation and how us white folk have been stealing from y’all for thousands of years?

If not, that would be a good ELI5 post on Reddit. Pretty succinct report on it.

I know OL, especially OT, is the hardest spot to project on the field, but this article is kinda funny to me from a website that claims it’s rankings are based purely on NFL draft potential.

They always have these 6’7/330 HS OTs ranked as 5 stars, yet always rank the skinnier 260/270 lb prototypical frame, more athletic OT guys (who have a perfect frame to build out to 310-320 with zero to little bad weight) in the low 4 or 3 star range.

I don’t remember if it was here or on one of the other sites I follow talking about how important it is to get the guys that need a little bit of body work to keep them in the program because of an OT deficiency nationwide. But man, at this point I’m not feeling too great about grabbing a 5 star ranked OT by these recruiting services (in particular 24/7).

Hope Lash kills it there
I think he’ll do pretty well. He’s built a good staff and I think he’s gotten some additional recruiting staff positions in place. And he’s throwing heat and presenting some swag (the Trans A&M in his NIL poster that N41D N41D posted).

I think N41D N41D already mentioned it, but they’ve already pulled in several solid transfers and can easily get some 4/high 3 star guys to stay home in North Dallas.

I’ll definitely be at a couple games or 3 or 4 next year if I don’t move from my current spot. Definitely won’t be missing out on the Boulevard parties.

I think he’ll do pretty well. He’s built a good staff and I think he’s gotten some additional recruiting staff positions in place. And he’s throwing heat and presenting some swag (the Trans A&M in his NIL poster that N41D N41D posted).

I think N41D N41D already mentioned it, but they’ve already pulled in several solid transfers and can easily get some 4/high 3 star guys to stay home in North Dallas.

I’ll definitely be at a couple games or 3 or 4 next year if I don’t move from my current spot. Definitely won’t be missing out on the Boulevard parties.
Yeah SMU will be legit in a few more years if they get a invite to a bigger conference. Since I live in Plano I need to start attending games since my team is 3 hours away. I like a good college atmosphere,

I don't understand why they didn't start leaning into that earlier :lol:

If I was a HC at SMU I'd make 19 a special number (like the #1 at Michigan) that only ballers get to wear and it (the person who wears it) can change every year. And hell in this era, attach an NIL benefit to it

Last edited:
There's plenty of classic car shops in Dallas that you could go approach about an advertising deal.

Have one of them overhaul a classic gold TransAM for #19. Have the kid do some marketing for them.

It's genius.

Man listen. Granted, if I was a P5 HC we'd be on NCAA probation in 3-4 years, but I'd be doing allllll that kinda stuff :lol:

Especially now. In a city like Dallas? All that money there?

giphy.gif

How USC stay recruiting guys from Texas I've never even heard of because they get zero interest from A&M or Texas? :lol:

Lemme go dig.
Just saw that last season he had 2,494 yards and 31 touchdowns and averaged 11.18 yards per carry. 247 guy was saying the lack of attention from Texas etc. is because he was under-hyped and not a lot of teams or writers showed up to scout his games. Seems the attention came when his stats got out?

Just saw that last season he had 2,494 yards and 31 touchdowns and averaged 11.18 yards per carry. 247 guy was saying the lack of attention from Texas etc. is because he was under-hyped and not a lot of teams or writers showed up to scout his games. Seems the attention came when his stats got out?

Good looking kid ...

Good chance Texas and A&M have pretty well just locked themselves onto Reuben Owens (and more recently for A&M, Tre Wisner) that this guy slipped under the radar.

nako xl nako xl

Obviously Malachi and Nico get all the pub…

What’s the deal with Jaden Rashada and Pierce Clarkson?

Is Clarkson the big-time QB trainer’s kid?

Could you guys keep your fandom to your respected squads if they had a huge scandal like Penn state?

I always read the psychos on blue and white illustrated and it blows my mind how they victim blame and take it so far. Not even just keeping their fandom but the nasty sh*t they say about the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom