OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klatt before that tweet....

henry-vacuum.gif

HANDSOME. Joel looking lean and energized in this picture.

Joel Klatt is on one on Twitter for the last 24 hours.

“Call all these guys that already have better jobs and no connections to that program and make them tell you no!”

Cornball.

Bill O’Brien reallllly wants this job… and needs to **** off.

James Franklin and Mario Cristobal either really want the job or really want raises at their current schools.

Because the amount of agent-manufactured nonsense circulating is annoying.

I was listening to a morning show in Ann Arbor yesterday and they were saying PJ Fleck should be on SC’s call list. I feel like SC isn’t that desperate.

Need it to be BOB… for the culture.
He's not a bad coach but he's toxic and would dip back to the nfl first chance given. I also don't get the hype over his 2 years at PSU. Clay's first 2 years were the best such in USC history :lol:

The Bieniemy stuff is coming directly from Bieniemy. He coached under (and was fired by Bohn) at Colorado but it's current and former chiefs people leaking his interest in the job. Specifically Deland McCullough who I'm guessing would come back with him.

The USC President is completely against Urban though right?
She was brought in to clean house because the school had a ton of scandals including a billion dollar sexual assault case with the victims of the school gynecologist:

You don't hire someone to put out fires, especially of the lack of oversight variety, and then ask that person if it's cool to hire Urban Meyer :lol:

For what it's worth, historically USC's athletics department has been run by Wayne Hughes and a bunch of wealthy boosters. They fronted the money for a buyout, handpicked Urban, and worked out a backchannel deal with him and the president and BOT said no, we're not doing that anymore.

Can you imagine those classic USC uniforms with ROW THE BOAT inside that shoulder stripe?

WOOOOOWEEEEEE What a time to be alive.

Alabama seems like it would be a hard job to take for anyone that would have to follow Nick Saban. At least if you didn’t capitalize off the first four years after taking over like Ryan Day has done (is he still doing that?…)

I like what bo said to this

Top 5 jobs IMO

1. Texas
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. LSU
5. Georgia
6. USC

Bomani is tripping. Alabama is a great job. Not only do they have incredible history and winning on their side, they have a gigantic fan base and administration that provides almost unlimited resources. They had 10 national championships before Nick Saban ever got there. The only knock is that the state of Alabama isn't talent rich.

I do think that people generally do a poor job of separating the job from the current coach. For example, I don't think Clemson is one of the top 20 jobs in the nation but Dabo has turned them into a championship program.

Last edited:
I was listening to a morning show in Ann Arbor yesterday and they were saying PJ Fleck should be on SC’s call list. I feel like SC isn’t that desperate.
PJ Fleck's agent puts in overtime and also deserves the raise Fleck will likely be getting (again) from Minnesota now.

As I'm thinking about the best jobs from 50,000 feet... Tiers aren't in any order, but just more groupings.

Tier 1 - Alabama, Ohio State, LSU
Tier 2 - Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, USC, Texas
Tier 3 - Texas A&M, Oregon, Florida, Michigan, Clemson

Tier 1's to me are obvious. Those are the three best jobs in America to me hands down. Talent rich recruiting bases, resources, alignment to greatness from the top down. There's no question who they are, what they want, and that they're capable of doing it.

I don't think people give that Oklahoma job enough love. They're consistently great. Recruit at a high level nationally. If I spent more time thinking about it, I'd probably talk myself into them being in that first group.

Tier 2 is like... These jobs should be no brainers... But why don't/can't they win more consistently? Georgia hasn't won a title since 1980. USC and Texas should - in theory - never be bad but can't get out of their own way and have only had one truly great run each in the last like 40 years... Notre Dame is Notre Dame - but same issue with regards to why can't they get over the hump more consistently?

Tier 3 is where it gets a little more objective. Florida and Clemson have had the most high-end success recently of anyone else. Oregon and A&M feel like they're on the brink in terms of just high-end recruiting and eventually buying their way into the conversation because they're both money printing machines that feel totally aligned to football success. No matter what Michigan is right now, I have a hard time not having them in this conversation because that job still feels like a ****in monster to me.

I wouldn’t touch Bama after Saban leaves. Not that it’s a bad job but that toothless trash fanbase is going to expect so much from the next coach.

Also PJ Fleck at USC would be insufferable.

I wouldn’t touch Bama after Saban leaves. Not that it’s a bad job but that toothless trash fanbase is going to expect so much from the next coach.

I agree that It's going to be tough to follow the greatest dynasty in the history of the sport. Given that college football and recruiting is so national now, what's Saban is doing in Alabama shouldn't be possible. It's just a testament to his greatness. It's going to be impossible to replicate the success he's had, no matter who takes the job.

I know a ton of Bama fans and my homeboy went to school there and it's not hyperbole to say that they have impossible expectations. They legitimately get angry with close wins against ranked teams ("we're only playing the number 22 team in the nation on the road, why is this a one position game?")

If I were Kirby, Dabo, Urban Meyer or whoever else I'd much rather stay at my current job but then try to follow up the 🐐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom