OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s the guy Osborne is probably going to want. He was a assistant under Solich back in the day.
He’s the guy they should absolutely hire. I think his style would work there and he’s proven he can build a physical competitive team which those fans would like and that’s without blue chip recruits. Their boosters would cheat so hard to get back it wouldn’t even matter that he hasn’t shown an ability to recruit. He’d just have to coach whoever they get him.

I’ve seen writers say there’s a lot of boosters who don’t want him though. They think they deserve an elite sitting P5 HC.

Apparently, ASU hasn’t fired Herm and he hasn’t resigned. They simply agreed to take away HC duties from him but he’s still a university employee and they’re still going to pay him (to avoid the buyout?)

Would Georgia be 3-0 without Stetson?No it doesn’t :lol:. You were already an insufferable homer prior to last year. Now you’re losing damn brain cells. Georgia is the best team in the country right now. Bennett is nowhere close to a Heisman favorite.

Never said he was the Heisman favorite, I'm saying he's a Heisman contender in September. Relax 🤣

Would Georgia be 3-0 without Stetson?

Most likely but that doesn't really change things, plenty of Heisman contenders play on dominant teams that don't need them to win. Alabama most likely still wins the national championship in 2020 if Devonta Smith doesn't play a single down the entire season, doesn't make him any less deserving.

Yeah Miami was on some wildly goofy conservative **** Saturday night. After watching A&M struggle to get off the field on 4th and short situations during longer drives against App State, I don't get not pushing the throttle down more than they did.

A&M's got a load of defensive line talent, but it's almost entirely true freshmen and sophomores. Only like 2 third-year guys in that rotation. With more experienced OLs, they can be moved around with some level of consistency.

Almost felt like they were waiting for A&M to shoot themselves in the foot and hand them the game.

Ainias Smith damn near did it for them with the muffed punt.

Does he have full reign on playcalls?
Haven’t heard anything to suggest that he doesn’t.

I get the criticism and definitely think that it’s fair. But man — the plays were there to be made. TVD obviously missed some throws and the WRs just couldn’t separate/catch balls that WRs at this level should catch. Definitely want to see some easier throws and RPOs included. It’s only week 3 so Gattis should be getting comfortable with what he has and what these guys CAN do, and how he can make it easier on them as well.

where was Ken Dorsey on the heisman list when he and the U were going crazy? Thats about where Stetson should finish.

Game was really there for the taking for Miami and just couldn’t make the necessary past plays to get a win. Been a lot of talk of scheme versus talent, and I def think it’s a bit of both.

Never said he was the Heisman favorite, I'm saying he's a Heisman contender in September. Relax 🤣

Most likely but that doesn't really change things, plenty of Heisman contenders play on dominant teams that don't need them to win. Alabama most likely still wins the national championship in 2020 if Devonta Smith doesn't play a single down the entire season, doesn't make him any less deserving.
Alabama won the National title with Devonta smith having at least three 200+ yard 3+ TD games. HE absolutely dominated. Are you seriously trying to compare what he did that season with any point in Stetsons career? :lol:

Has Stetson ever actually won a game for UGA? Like has he ever picked up the offense and won a game?

Game was really there for the taking for Miami and just couldn’t make the necessary past plays to get a win. Been a lot of talk of scheme versus talent, and I def think it’s a bit of both.

SZD ripped Cristobal.

SZD ripped Cristobal. Sounds like they think it’s coaching.
Anyone who tries to paint a very nuanced discussion into being clearly on one party is not doing it any Justice. But yes, Mario caveman offense, rah rah dumb, run the ball etc. Gattis didn’t do much to help the offense given the receivers are young and not studs. The offense also had 6 drops and miscues with blocking on the perimeter, costly penalties at key moments. The game was there for the taking, players and coaches can do better on offense, IMO.

1663614873326.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom