OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attended the Mizzou/Kentucky game today with a client.

The stadium is decent. 61K attendance. But man, Mizzou still doesn’t feel like an SEC school and Columbia does not feel like an SEC town. Such a weird fit. I’ve been to games at Auburn, Bama, LSU, Florida, Arkansas, and Kentucky and those stadiums just feel different. I didn’t really feel any energy at Mizzou.

CBA61579-258D-45AC-94F0-915EFD7893EA.jpeg

Attended the Mizzou/Kentucky game today with a client.

The stadium is decent. 61K attendance. But man, Mizzou still doesn’t feel like an SEC school and Columbia does not feel like an SEC town. Such a weird fit. I’ve been to games at Auburn, Bama, LSU, Florida, Arkansas, and Kentucky and those stadiums just feel different. I didn’t really feel any energy at Mizzou.

CBA61579-258D-45AC-94F0-915EFD7893EA.jpeg

Been going to Mizzou games for the last 20 years. They'll never be SEC.

You probably said Slovis or JT was better than him at some point quit frontin
I definitely did. Jayden still can't pass for **** :lol: but he's always been a gamer. There's no question his legs are more dangerous than his arm and you saw that today.

(Jayden probably didn't see it and was trying not to rush the play/make sure his team was set)

I think they'd already used it.

I could be wrong, but Reese said bama called timeout (before the last play on the 2 point), but the TV feed had Kelly sprinting down to the goal line to call time out. So I assumed they credited LSU with the time out.

Edit, just watched the td and 2 point highlights. They both had timeouts when LSU scored the TD, but before the 2 point try, they both had none. So they must have called back to back timeouts in some order.

I'm watching USC and trying to be objective. They don't have a chance vs OSU UM TENN UGA. I got a feeling that the committee is going to force them in CFP if they run the table.

Oregon looks like the best team in pac 12.

I'm watching USC and trying to be objective. They don't have a chance vs OSU UM TENN UGA. I got a feeling that the committee is going to force them in CFP if they run the table.

Oregon looks like the best team in pac 12.
They can't. We don't control our path to the conference championship. We can win out with only 1 point loss and not be conference champion.

We can score with (and on) any team in the country though. But our defense isn't championship level.

I wonder how much the committee considers Oregon getting beaten so badly in week 1 if they finish 12-1 and win the conference. Compared to say, a 1 loss Tennessee

Our defense (USC) is not championship level. Just about everything else is.

After all the nonsense with Helton, I'll take where we are.

Our defense (USC) is not championship level. Just about everything else is.

After all the nonsense with Helton, I'll take where we are.
If I told you last November we'd be 8-1 this time in 2022 with one 1-point loss keeping us out of the conference title game/playoff but we'd have a top 3 Heisman contender and the best turnover ratio, sack, INT numbers in the country we'd have all said "where do I sign up?"

Lincoln's having the best year 1 of any SC coach since John Robinson went 11-1 in '76.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom