OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N41D N41D how do you feel about Jason Kirke’s argument that Jimbo actually did a good coaching job this year with a million injuries and close losses to top teams? He argues they’re a QB injury away from a great season.

I'd take Lane, Deion, Chip, hell anybody but barnyard Billy. Watching CFB just puts me in a depressed mood now a days.

usabasketball08 usabasketball08 Altmyer getting the start for Illinois this weekend. I don’t understand it, backup has been absolutely killing it

I think Bielema is bluffing. I don’t get how you bench the guy that has two game winning drives in back to back weeks and throws for 500 yds and 4 TD’s.

Luke Altmyer is better with his feet but he holds onto the ball too long. The backup makes quicker reads. Either way I think Iowa is going to win :lol:

N41D N41D how do you feel about Jason Kirke’s argument that Jimbo actually did a good coaching job this year with a million injuries and close losses to top teams? He argues they’re a QB injury away from a great season.
They're Conner Weigman away from 9-1, probably. I told yall since he signed that kid's a star.

But when you're on Year 3 of running out your third quarterback in a season, you still can't block anyone, and the Petrino/OC thing this summer rubbed people the wrong way, you've kinda run yourself outta life lines.

You just went almost 800 days between beating Mississippi schools. You're exhibiting again this year that unless your quarterback is a star, you can't field even a competent offense. The roster is kind of in a situation where you're peaking this year and next, then looking at a hard reset again in 2025 because you don't want to use the portal and you don't want to play and develop young guys.

I don't think this year was "bad" in a vacuum, but it wasn't good and it just further emphasized the same problems are still the same problems and he's incapable of adjusting.

The disingenuousness (ignorance?) re: the history of the school, the requirements they had of all students/athletes prior to like 1970, etc is... fun. I guess?

"Like Gene Stallings or Bear Bryant" in his own replies ... The two guys who coached the program before/during integration and when A&M was an all-male university that required all students and athletes to enroll in the Corps and do military preparedness training/programs alongside football?

College football idiots that act like anything that happened outside 20 years ago matters are a riot.

Last edited:
I think Bielema is bluffing. I don’t get how you bench the guy that has two game winning drives in back to back weeks and throws for 500 yds and 4 TD’s.

Luke Altmyer is better with his feet but he holds onto the ball too long. The backup makes quicker reads. Either way I think Iowa is going to win :lol:

If they can put up 17-24 points and the defense halfway shows up they should beat Iowa. That Iowa offense is bad bad

Yeah YOU DONT HAVE TO LIVE IN bum *** Mississippi!!

When they hired chip it showed a change in direction. He has now sucked the life out the program and everyone that got on board is off of it now.

You can’t take him into the big 10 and try to do anything.
Oxford aint bad at all especially if you're a coach with a family. It's actually a pretty nice place to live with Memphis an hour away. It has everything you need and the fans not crazy to bother you when they see you in public

Plus if you've been to Oxford, you know its not like any other place in Mississippi

Cool. What has A&M done in the last 20 years?
Hired Dennis Franchone, Mike Sherman, Kevin Sumlin and Jimbo? They've hired bad coaches and only the last 10 or so years have become a fountain of funds flowing at an unlimited rate. This idea that they've always been CFB's biggest spender is complete and utter nonsense.

They've finished in the Top 5 twice in the last 10 years, had a Heisman winner, proven beyond any shadow of a doubt under Jimbo they can acquire talent at the level necessary to compete on the biggest stages.

"They've never won so they can't win and shouldn't expect to" is - flatly - mouth breather level stupid.

Last edited:
Oxford aint bad at all especially if you're a coach with a family. It's actually a pretty nice place to live with Memphis an hour away. It has everything you need and the fans not crazy to bother you when they see you in public

Plus if you've been to Oxford, you know its not like any other place in Mississippi

My sister played hoops at Ole Miss, Oxford def the best campus in the SEC. ❄️❄️❄️❄️

forget the money they offered Jimbo. Take that out for a second.

But wasnt that considered a great hire for them and the only real issue fans like us discussed was his salary but mainly he had a crazy buyout clause?

It’s still Mississippi, man.

forget the money they offered Jimbo. Take that out for a second.

But wasnt that considered a great hire for them and the only real issue fans like us discussed was his salary but mainly he had a crazy buyout clause?
Jimbo had red flags dating back to Florida State.

I think overall it was splashy because A&M tried to kick the door down like the Kool-Aid Man, but there was a fair amount of skepticism outside College Station because they were effectively pulling a man out of a house he set on fire and was burning to the ground around him.

The evolution of CFB over the last 2-3 years was the final nail in his coffin ... A&M can give you every resource, but if you don't want to do something, nobody can make you when they've already given you every available shred of leverage.

Back
Top Bottom