OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a great video and summarizes why I rolled my eyes at most national championships and college football pre-integration. Every team has fugazi wins and disputed national championships. It's all made up. Auburn began claiming 3 more national championships last month

Screenshot_20231120_130607_Chrome.jpg

If we’re counting modern day wins against Chattanooga, north Alabama, and the citadel, we can count wins vs deaf and blind teams of the 1920’s

This is a great video and summarizes why I rolled my eyes at most national championships and college football pre-integration. Every team has fugazi wins and disputed national championships. It's all made up. Auburn began claiming 3 more national championships last month

Them wins and accomplishments from the world war days are all some schools have to hold on to anymore :lol:

Still be bragging about beating the ironmen workers who built the titanic

One of the A&M boards posted and almost immediately took down a thread with their "Big 3" this morning.

Day - lol - supposedly he initiated contact but yeah right.
DeBoer - Maybe, but does he want to leave the West Coast? If he's in the playoffs can you afford to wait? Feels long shot-ish.
Fisch - Ugh.

RE: DeBour, the new Washington AD didn't hire him so maybe he wants to avoid that possible situation if there's a down year.

AD came from Tulane, so instantly Fritz's name would be popping up in a down year.

If we’re counting modern day wins against Chattanooga, north Alabama, and the citadel, we can count wins vs deaf and blind teams of the 1920’s
Eh, at least the modern schools have Black people. Those Ws against non-athletic guys in leather helmets don’t hit the same.

Eh, at least the modern schools have Black people. Those Ws against non-athletic guys in leather helmets don’t hit the same.

As much as we hate on P5 teams for playing FCS competition, those wins or infinitely more credible than some of the stuff we saw pre-WW2. At least FCS teams are racially integrated, scholarship student athletes with real coaching staffs. There is some standardization to what we are doing now.

Back in the day college football teams were playing plumbers, firefighters and physically challenged kids.

As much as we hate on P5 teams for playing FCS competition, those wins or infinitely more credible than some of the stuff we saw pre-WW2. At least FCS teams are racially integrated, scholarship student athletes with real coaching staffs. There is some standardization to what we are doing now.

Back in the day college football teams were playing plumbers, firefighters and physically challenged kids.

Eh one FCS team early in the year is bad enough (but I understand the tune up) but the way the SEC teams (and other teams) play yet another one in November is pretty pathetic.

You can say that now, but if college football exists long enough for a team to reach 2,000 wins people will be having these same conversations, and wins from this time will be scoffed at just the same because the game will be 7 on 7 two hand touch starting in 2065 or whatever the hell and a bunch of these programs will cease to exist.

The other question there is how will FSU fare without their QB?

Not worried 😅😅😅 🤣

One of the A&M boards posted and almost immediately took down a thread with their "Big 3" this morning.

DeBoer - Maybe, but does he want to leave the West Coast? If he's in the playoffs can you afford to wait? Feels long shot-ish.
Fisch - Ugh.

Day’s reps may have … to get a fat contract from tOSU lol. “This is what A&M is offering” lol

Last edited:

Fisch - Ugh.
Day, as in Ryan Day?

Do USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame next.

Since there are rumors he interviewed for our DC job today, I'd just like to remind everyone that Morgan Scalley, Utah's DC and HCIW, is a pos.

1700527198548.png

1700527340966.png

Like how he tried to make it seem like it was just that one time thing.

Back
Top Bottom