OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Bama went undefeated, it would be different.

But a 3 point win, against an unranked Auburn, on a 4th & 31 (with a controversial hold that wasn’t called).. and they’re one of the top 4?

No. If Bama gets in, the committee confirms that the SEC champ has an automatic bid. Every year.

- Regular season champion
- conference champion
- power five
- undefeated.

How do you leave this team out?

The coaching staff will have a month to get this quarterback ready. I think their game will be more competitive than most people think.

Notre Dame fan here.

On the latest Pablo Torre podcast they had CFP committee member John Urschel on. Somewhat interesting listen, they didnt really reveal any bombshells or anything like that, but give you a little peak into how things are done.

The SEC dominating really bothers folks? Yall don't be wanting to see the best teams?
:lol: :lol:

nah.. what bothers me is rival fans turning into cheerleaders and starting that whole “SEC.. SEC” bs

you being a 49ers fan, I have been extremely appreciative of your team the last 2 seasons for putting in work vs the cowboys.. I want nothing good for them

Drop 3 spots. This is so dumb
mjlol (1) (1).png

O and bama and UGA are clearly 2 of the best teams in college football

but I just wanna see the mess that will come from all of this and a broken system

The reason you have to put Texas in is because it’s an out of conference game that was scheduled to help Texas get in the playoffs. You can’t set the precedent that scheduling tough games don’t matter at the end.

I just don't believe in penalizing FSU because their QB(s) got hurt. Getting in is about what you did to get here, not necessarily what people think will become of it.

Are they the 3rd or 4th best team? No idea...probably maybe not?...They earned their spot for us to find out.

If Travis Benjamin was able to return and play in two weeks I could see putting FSU in the playoff

But without him their just going to be an easy win for whoever they would play
No reason to put them in when we know they won’t be competitive

Also forgot this was the goodbye for the SEC on CBS

Literally some of my favorite memories with my dad was watching college football on Saturdays and just hearing that theme makes me think of him

Either ppl want the regular season to matter or not. Folks gotta choose a side

I'm ready for the expanded playoff already. Trying to blend the traditionalist past of CFB with the rapidly evolving times created where we are today...A committee after we didn't like enough modulation-only results. Everyone realized no one would be happy. Expansion was inevitable...and I say this in hindsight.

So many lasts this season, but it's probably the most wide open we've had for the Natty. Every few seasons or so we'd have something with multiple teams having an argument, where other seasons everyone seemed to know who the best 2 teams already were, with the playoff being a formality...expansion finally just puts us in place where we should've probably been 6-10 years ago.

I also think you can’t act like the ACC is a Power 5 and not let their 13-0 team in. As much as I wanted Louisville to beat them for this very reason, it’s a robbery to the rest of the team.

(The odds I posted before didn’t reflect Florida St’s win)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom