OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s as simple as Jordan Travis is out, not like Washington has a huge fan base compared to FSU (just comparing fanbases, I know UW has earned/deserves it more than FSU even though they’re both undefeated).

But there are incongruities with where FSU was ranked in earlier weeks in the CFP.

Remember, when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was unavailable for the NBA finals?

This kid stepped in and played center, they won the game and the championship.

his name is Earvin Magic Johnson. Good thing the NBA allows them to play.

But that one loss team beat them?

in college football, my arguments would be convenient as hell

plus aint there were couple head to head guys this year where the winning team didn’t automatically jump the team they just beat

That’s the beauty of sports, you don’t know who is going to step up. You don’t know who is going to take that moment and make it magical.

I’m a huge patriots fan, I had no idea this kid from Michigan #199 would step in and take the job from Drew Bledsoe and run with it.

Remember, when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was unavailable for the NBA finals?

This kid stepped in and played center, they won the game and the championship.

his name is Earvin Magic Johnson. Good thing the NBA allows them to play.
You know if JJ or Courm gets hurt in the bama game and go on to win it, the committee won't replace UM with Georgia or another team? The playoff has already started at the that point.

It’s not a direct one-to-one comparison…..

but Tom Brady, Kirk Gibson, Magic Johnson, Tua Tagovailoa….. you just don’t know what magic is possible. That’s the reason why sports is the best unwritten drama available on television.

I guess that’s most people’s problem with the process, right? A body of people of voting on who gets in. Some conjecture, money, and football politics mixed in, too. Then they’re inconsistent with their rationale. You don’t have “Travis Benjamin 🤣,” so well put you at 5, but your consolation is we’ll place you above UGA. If that was their message, should have slid to 6.

Not the biggest NFL fan, but at least they play it out in the field. I know current construct doesn’t allow for it, but …

Last edited:
That’s the beauty of sports, you don’t know who is going to step up. You don’t know who is going to take that moment and make it magical.

I’m a huge patriots fan, I had no idea this kid from Michigan #199 would step in and take the job from Drew Bledsoe and run with it.
Exactly. This is why the games are played.

If Travis was healthy, Texas would be out.

Basically.

No way the committee would left out Bama and the "prestigious" SEC.

Then they would justified IT by saying that Bama's loss to Texas was early in the season and they're a different team now.

Would've been another can of worms.

It’s not a direct one-to-one comparison…..

but Tom Brady, Kirk Gibson, Magic Johnson, Tua Tagovailoa….. you just don’t know what magic is possible. That’s the reason why sports is the best unwritten drama available on television.
But we’ve seen what FSU has at back up and they aint creating no magic for that offense

They are who they are

I feel for FSU, & 100% understand FSU fan's POV, but y'all put up 55 passing yards last night.
Safe to say Tom Brady ain't walking through that door.

Nick better hurry up and get his car lot stocked up
IMG_5931.jpeg

But we’ve seen what FSU has at back up and they aint creating no magic for that offense

They are who they are

Respect your opinion, great discussion.

There are 33 starters on every football team. So defense has never won a championship? Special teams has never won a championship?

Back
Top Bottom