OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn’t the rumor that Barn was offering him 6 figures last season to leave UGA?

It’s why I’m kind of surprised he ended up at UK. I’d rather roll the dice on a talented kid like this who hasn’t got a chance yet, rather than the retreads we saw end up at better places this offseason.

That was the rumor. Brock's dad is the head coach of Prince Avenue Christian, a high school in the Athens area so I think that's one of the reasons why he stayed for as long as he did. He certainly had plenty of opportunities to transfer before hand.

I think Brock is a good example of a type of player who should transfer. The QB position is unlike any other because there is a finite amount of reps and only one QB on the field.

2021: Brock is 4th string behind Stetson Bennett, JT Daniels and Carson Beck. This is on the team that eventually wins a national championship

2022: Stetson Bennett is the entrenched starter, goes on to be a Heisman trophy finalist and the team wins another national championship. Carson Beck is the clear number two

2023: Brock loses the starting QB battle to Carson Beck, a player who had been in the system longer and is also pretty talented in his own right.

Brock never really had an opportunity. The only way he would have ever unseated Stetson Bennett or Carson Beck would have been to clearly outplay them with limited reps or for one of those guys to play poorly enough for a backup to take their spot (which didn't happen).

1711298793897.jpeg

Those are two really talented players and it sucks that Georgia lost them but I think both of these recruitments will go to signing day. I wouldn't get too excited about commitments 8 months before signing day, especially in the NIL era. I feel the same way about Julian Lewis as well. I think all three of these guys (Lewis, Terry and Gibson) have a few flips left in them.

Even the five-star QB Georgia got the commitment from yesterday is unlikely to sign with Georgia in two years.

Last edited:
Between this and Coach Prime saying he only wants his son to play in warm weather and he would pull an Eli Manning if necessary, maybe the Sanders family needs to relax in front of microphones. Every thought in your head doesn't need to be spoken in public.

Especially something as insane as "I don't see 6A players in Texas excelling". 😂

Back
Top Bottom