OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Time to dust off my old a** Colorado jacket from the 90's

bu.jpg

but.jpg

If you’re prime do you cut his snaps on offense or defense if you have to pick one?

Play it by game.

If they’re facing a team with lackluster DBs, let him play offense predominately. If the opponent has top flight receivers, same.

Case by case basis

Last edited:
None of the B1G West teams looked good except Wisconsin.

Iowa looked OK. Purdue was garbage. Illinois looked bad but I feel like they were playing a really good Toledo team.

Nebraska is Nebraska.

None of the B1G West teams looked good except Wisconsin.

Iowa looked OK. Purdue was garbage. Illinois looked bad but I feel like they were playing a really good Toledo team.

Nebraska is Nebraska.

Toledo is G5 but to be fair they did win the MAC last year and aren’t a horrible team

All jokes aside, I’m seeing everyone overreact to all the games the last two weeks. We never know anything coming out of these games. How will teams play when opponents have film on them and their depth gets tested?

tOSU didn’t do anything to change my opinion of 9-3/10-2

I won’t complain about the win but I wasn’t impressed. I think McCord sucks but I thought that before the season. Brown was supposed to get reps and that hardly happened. One series he went in and didn’t throw a single pass, what’s the point? Defense looked good but it’s Indiana. O-Line is going to be a problem this year and not in a good way

North Carolinas defense stepped uptake corners are young though. I thought they should've doubled on Leggett. Rucker played well I think they might get more sacks than they had last year.

I'm ready to be wrong on each one of these but:

NC 31, SC 30
- Seems low to me. Think both teams will have a chance to Top 40. But I can see this being a blowout for 'SC if UNC's WR's aren't up to par esp w/ the transfer getting denied

Washington 35, Boise 21
- I don't know that Boise can keep up w/ Washington under most circumstances, but w/ this being a game 1 and if they control the clock w/ the run game they can make this closer.

TCU 41, Buffs 15?
- Conventional wisdom says that CU is going to suck again this year but this is a totally new team so who knows? Can they block? If so then Lewis will be able to scheme up some points because they have some explosive pieces at WR. Defensively I have no idea how that's going to turn out for them.

Iowa scores 37!!!!!!!!
- Do they score 3 defensive TD's?

Penn State 39, WVU 16
- If PSU comes out firing on all cylinders on Defense, WVU might have issues scoring in double digits. And I can easily see PSU trying to turn this into the Allar show to try and get his season started off right

- NC/SC: Bill hit the NC score right on the nail. I thought NC would produce more, but they are playing at a different tempo this year and Maye had a couple of mistakes. All in all, they probably put up more points under most cases. South Carolina, woof. That OL is bad bad. NC has recruited pretty well on the DL the last couple of years so maybe those D-Lineman are growing up, but still. :x

- Wash/Boise: Looks like ‘under most circumstances’ was the name of the game yesterday. They just couldn’t keep up w/ them, that Husky O was too much

- Colorado/TCU: Looks like (at least early on) they can block enough and those offensive weapons did what I thought they would (as did their defense) so the result wasn’t all that surprising. Sean Lewis is legit and he called a great game

- Iowa: Looks like the defense didn’t put up 3 TD’s, so there goes that 37 :lol:

- PSU/WVU: The fighting KLJ’s snuck in a TD in the 4th to get into double digits, but other than that the game pretty much went as I thought

Back
Top Bottom