OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This still doesn't make sense to me :rofl:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 11.18.08 PM.png

I was working all day and missed the game. Happy UW won :smokin

Did they show Dan Lanning’s pregame speech at all during the broadcast?

Glad UW got the dubb. Got tired of hearing about bo nix and Oregon.

Hopefully FSU gets beats tomorrow too.

How salty will Texas be if bama beats UGA and gets in over them.

We’d talked about this being an eventuality. dacomeup dacomeup The first NIL related title IX suit is here. If there isn’t a quick resolution Oregon may have to open its books :nerd:

From an idiot, non-lawyer, perspective…these are supposedly “non-university” affiliated deals…so how does Title IX come in to play here?

Could Oregon not just tell the women to go do whatever to themselves because the university has nothing to do with these funds? Or is the threat that the university did have something to do with these NIL funds and the women are just gonna take down the whole ship?

From an idiot, non-lawyer, perspective…these are supposedly “non-university” affiliated deals…so how does Title IX come in to play here?

Could Oregon not just tell the women to go do whatever to themselves because the university has nothing to do with these funds? Or is the threat that the university did have something to do with these NIL funds and the women are just gonna take down the whole ship?
Exactly, it’s the latter. The women are alleging the NIL collectives are actually a directly affiliated arm of the university and athletic department. Which we know they are. Oregon is using the collectives to pay for play. The Phil Knight problem specifically could come home to roost here, no pun intended.

If Oregon doesn’t settle quickly it’s going to go to discovery and we’ll get to see specifically how their collective operates and how its funds are allocated. The NCAA doesn’t have subpoena power, but if Oregon has to open its books as part of a legal proceeding…

All them crying QBs need to take a page out of Honda McCords book and not even care if they lose the biggest game of their careers. No competitive fire>caring about losing :pimp:

This pales in comparison to the TVD approach:
1) get the yips
2) throw 6 INTs in 2 games
3) get benched
4) blame the coaching staff and enter the transfer portal

:pimp:

Bruh, the way that Washington is offensively able to scheme up perfect looks in pressure positions (on offense) is impressive.

They do it all year. No matter how the game goes when it comes to a crunch moment they have a perfect call to get someone the ball in favorable leverage, and that player makes the play

These PAC schools gonna get their ish pushed in next year in the BIG. Poor tackling and light in the … on the line of scrimmage.

It's going to be interesting to see how the new teams assimilate and which style wins out. The Big ten is better on the line of scrimmage but no one outside of Ohio State has consistently high level QB and skill position play. Maybe USC, Washington and Oregon will bring that to the conference.

Eh the B1G was trash this year outside of OSU/UM, I don’t foresee any other teams becoming great by then either. UCLA will struggle but I think USC, UW, and Oregon will be fine

USC has to get much better on each line. Caleb was running for his life this year and the Dline couldn't get much pressure besides Bear. But hopefully the defensive scheme gets better and they stop giving 7 yard cushions to every WR.

As a proud Honda Accord driver, I kind of take offense to it.

What year and trim? I thought about buying one for a commuter car; the TT manual variety. Wish I had paid more attention last year. I would have scooped up a ‘22.

😂🤣😂

Back
Top Bottom