Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Finally, a much needed win. Bullpen was stellar and the offense came through, despite leaving a lot of runners on base again.

^ saw that too.

anywho the cubbies got a win that they need. it'll be an interesting 2nd half for sure.

This is the rest of July's schedule. First half, we played 48 on the road, and 40 at home. So we have a home heavy second half, plus we should get better health, plus we should see a deal or two to shore up the roster for the stretch run.

View media item 2097886

To all my Cubs fam, here's hoping to a successful second half of the season!
My wish is to have us primed, healthy, and hot going into the playoffs...lets get it fellas!

W. 54-35

Maddon setting the rotation to give Lester and Arrieta the most rest thru the break he could. :pimp:

Hendricks
Hammel
Lackey
Lester
Arrieta

Wonderful start today. Yu Darvish was flames but the Cubs worked his pitch counts like crazy and got him out at 90 with only one out in the 5th, WITH the lead.

Now please pour some more on.....

Incredible bad luck. Contreras/Russell single to start the 7th, Heyward absolutely DESTROYS a baseball.....right at the first baseman, who doubles off Russell. :smh:

Just tip your cap on that kinda luck.

Tough loss, but won the series and Cardinals lost too, so no ground lost.

Lester/Arrieta need to make statements for second half.

But here are some other numbers to chew on.

2017: 4.3

2018: 4.6

2019: 4.4

2020: 4.4

2021: 4.0

Those are Baseball Prospectus’ year-by-year WAR projections for Kyle Schwarber until he hits free agency. That’s 21.3 wins. More than Addison Russell, more than Willson Contreras, more than Jason Heyward, more than Jorge Soler – more than everyone but Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo, each of whom will finish in the top 5 of NL MVP voting this season.

Quietly, Javier Baez is now hitting .283 and tied for the team lead in steals at 8 outta 9. While playing Gold Glove caliber defense at 3 infield positions, and backing up 2 others if/when needed. And he's cut down on the strikeouts quite a bit from his rookie year.

And he's still only 23. :wink:

Great pitching dual tonight. Great thing the game tonight and tomorrow are on ESPN.

I am glad Theo was patient with Javier because I thought he was going to get traded. he becoming one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom