Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Same lineup tonight except Contreras at C, Hendricks at P. Still great defensive lineup, but little more bat with Contreras in over Ross.

Welp....Kyle Hendricks hit by a line drive, coming out in the 4th. Means bullpen game for us. :x

W. 2-0

Hendricks 2 run single
Zobrist RBI single
Bryant RBI single

Travis Wood solo homer and the W.

Chapman another save.

CJ, Wood, Montgomery, Rondon, Chapman all scoreless. :pimp:

Last edited:
9 :smokin :smokin

so awesome. cubs held serve. now try and get that 3rd win against their ace. it will be their hardest game.

Last edited:
house money tonight. i dont know about do or die but definitely need to win. rest. and more rest is always good.

Lineup tonight

Fowler CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Soler LF
Zobrist RF
Russell SS
Baez 2B
Montero C
Arrieta P

I'm really surprised he didn't go with Bryant in Left, and Almora in Right, with Baez at Third. He's tryin to get a little more offense and sacrificing defense a little. :\

If we get a lead tho, I expect to see Heyward/Almora out there pretty quick, and possibly even see Contreras at some point.

Jake Arrieta v. Giants in 2016:

5/20 at AT&T: 7.0 IP, 1 earned runs, 4 hits, 2 walks, 8 strikeouts
9/03 at Wrigley: 6.0 IP, 2 earned runs, 4 hits, 2 walks, 7 strikeouts

Although he lost the second game against the Giants at Wrigley Field, it wasn’t all too much worse than his win earlier in the year. At the highest level, it seems that Arrieta has had some success against the Giants in 2016, and it’s come mostly against the same eight guys.

With the exception of Matt Duffy (who was traded for Matt Moore – the Giants’ presumptive game 4 starter – at the deadline), the Giants have sent the following position players out against Arrieta both times:

1B – Brandon Belt (0-5, BB)
2B – Joe Panik (2-5, BB)
3B – Eduardo Nunez (1-2)
SS – Brandon Crawford (1-5, BB)
LF – Angel Pagan (3-6, 2B, K)
RF – Hunter Pence (0-6, 2K)
CF – Denard Span (0-6, 2K)
C – Buster Posey (0-6, K)

Back
Top Bottom