Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

it was just depressing to see this lineup all shook up....against hill of all people. geez dude was avg at best and they still couldnt hit him (he was lobbing the ball over the plate). they should've gotten him early. nationals hit him around and knocked him out early...its just heart breaking for it to go down like this.

i dont know if theyre trying to do too much and forgot to play small ball. but it is frustrating to see an inept pitcher having their way against this lineup. i seriuosly thought this was the game the bats come alive. instead they died

Just need Lackey to give us one big start, get it back to Lester/Hendricks/Arrieta tied 2-2.

We have CJ, Strop, Rondon, Chapman all rested, so 5-6 outta Lackey would be perfect.

Get him some run support tho, make his job easier. Need 4-5 runs tonight, we've done it all year, do it again tonight.

Because of the way he attacks hitters, Lackey has bounce-back potential as he approaches his NLCS Game Four start. He fired nine starts this year that did not qualify for quality start status. Here is how he performed after each of them.

4/13 vs. CIN: 6.2, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K

5/1 vs. ATL: 8 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K

6/30 @ NYM: 6.1, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K

7/10 @ PIT: 6 IP, 7 H 5 ER, 2 BB, 9 K

7/17 vs. TEX: 8 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 8 K

7/23 @ MIL: 6 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K

9/10 @ HOU: 6 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 5 K

9/21 vs. CIN: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

Do it again Lack.

Fowler CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Zobrist LF
Baez 2B
Contreras C
Heyward RF
Russell SS
Lackey P

Joe went with the more normal lineup but switched Russell and Baez. I like it.

Gimme two homers tonight.

Zobrist bunt hit
Baez bloop hit
Contreras bloop hit, Zo scores, Baez to 3rd, Contreras to 2nd on E.
Heyward RBI groundout
Russell 2 run Homer :wow:

4-0 in the 4th

Bags packed, one out EASY grounder to the pitcher, deflected, two runs score.

Shoulda been inning ending double ply, 5-0 lead. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom