Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

No.

We have 110 wins with Heyward in Right. Zero need to change anything. Do what you've done for SEVEN months. (And 2 wins for every loss)

^
Yup.
You do what brought you here.

I fully expect Jake to pitch a gem tomorrow.
Let's keep the faith.

Last edited:
I may stand corrected, I just looked at Jake's numbers with Montero, and with Contreras, maybe Miggy should catch. :lol:

Willson can catch games 3-4 at Wrigley. Need dominant Jake in Cleveland. If that means Miggy, so be it.

There is an issue however.....

Indians have played 9 playoff games. And given up 15 runs.

To the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs.

That's rough. :x

Long time ago, but Bryant/Soler/Baez went back to back to back off Bauer last year in Spring Training. Maybe Joe remembers that and thinks Soler matches up well with him.

Iono tho.....

Fowler CF
Bryant 3B
Rizzo 1B
Zobrist LF
Schwarber DH
Baez 2B
Contreras C
Soler RF
Russell SS

MLB Statistics ‏@MLBRandomStats 6m6 minutes ago
The Cubs batting order today will feature six players age 24 or younger. That's a new #postseason record.

Soler robbed of a walk, hits into a DP :smh:

Russell follows with a single, Bauer out after 3 2/3. Make the pen work, hard. Blue threw 87 pitches, excellent work.

Need a crooked number inning tho.

2-0 bottom 4.

Great response from these Cubbies man. Once at Wrigley it'll be a slugfest from these kids I'm hoping

Heyward in for Soler now.

Jake finally gives up a hit, he scores on a wild pitch.

5-1 top 7

Jake did all we can ask for. Now the pen has to hold. Chapman may go 2 with multiple days rest and an off day tomorrow.

Contreras walk
Heyward line out (SMOKED)
Russell fielders choice + E
Fowler single

Bases loaded, one out for Bryant.....

Terrible AB from Bryant hurts us. :smh:

Rizzo had a long fly ball, woulda been a run if hit by Bryant, but nothin with 2 outs.

Back
Top Bottom