Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Only 2nd game of season and bullpen being used a bunch. I thought Edwards was gonna lose it but he held in there. Hopefully we can win this in the 11th

Bottom 13, 1-1, Contreras is in Left, Zobrist has played like 5 positions, only Morrow left in the pen. :lol:

Top of the 15th, bases loaded, one out, Heyward crushes one right at the first baseman, double play. :smh:

Could/should have been a 3 run double with better luck.

Bottom 15 now. Eddie Butler in his 4th or 5th inning of work now.

Bryant has a double, Homer, walk, hit by pitch, and single. No slow start for him this year? :nerd:

2 out, nobody on in the 17th, we give up 3 straight singles, lose 2-1. :smh:

Yu tomorrow (later today :lol: )

Yu got beat up a little, including a liner off his foot, but Kris Bryant with a 3-run double in the 10th to break it open. :pimp:

Schwarber a mammoth 2-run Homer. :nerd:

Need Quintana to go like 9 innings tomorrow. :lol:

Today was full on April Fool's Day.

Quintana has a no hitter in the 5th, gives up 6 runs the next 2 innings.

Russell, Schwarber, Baez all have exit velocities over a hundred.....all of them caught. :stoneface:

GM 1, 8
GM 2, 1
GM 3, 10
GM 4, 0

Feast or famine O.

After being shutout back to back games, we open a 4 game set with the Brewers with a shutout of our own. :pimp:

8-0 with Heyward hitting a 2 run shot and multiple hits for each of Contreras, Bryant, Russell, and Zobrist.

Contreras and Rizzo both flew out to the wall. God I hate those.

Brewers also lost their closer for a while, popped his hammy.

Lester with 6 shutout innings. :smokin

Rizzo scratched with back soreness, precautionary of course, he took some extra swings in the cage yesterday and is payin for it. :lol:

Carantini gets the start at first, and already has an RBI single in his first at bat. :pimp:

What one hell of a 9th inning! Errors on them and a pinch hitting Jon Lester w a safety squeeze play! Happ gets the 2 run double and all in all a 4 run top of the 9th for the W

Darvish looked great, just made one single mistake to Thames, otherwise he could have gotten a W.

Bryant made up for yesterday's error, 3 for 3, 2 walks, a homer and a triple. :pimp:

Hopefully Rizzo comes back tomorrow.

I figured I'd ask this question here:

What do Cub fans think of Sammy Sosa these days? It seems that the Cubs front office has spent the last 13 years pretending he never existed.

I figured I'd ask this question here:

What do Cub fans think of Sammy Sosa these days? It seems that the Cubs front office has spent the last 13 years pretending he never existed.

I'm saddened by that, but for me, nothing changed. I love Sammy. He was Cubs baseball for a decade. I, especially, had a fondness for him all the way back to 93 when he was still pretty unknown. That was the year I moved to Oregon and was miserable. Seein him join the 30-30 club was the best thing about that year for me.

I hope someday the Cubs bring him back, let the fans go crazy for him again.

Rizzo to the DL for a few days. :ohwell:

Get right, come back mid-April and put up the 32/109 we're used to every year. :smokin

MUCH better game today for the O. 12 scored so far, in the 8th.

Bryant/Almora with 3 hits, Happ a Homer, Baez, every starter had at least 1 hit.

Need to win the series tomorrow with Hendricks pitching.

Cubs were down 10-2, then scored 1 in the 6th, 2 in the 7th, and NINE in the 8th. :lol: :pimp:

upload_2018-4-14_15-3-49.png

We've had 5 rainouts, it's just ridiculous. :lol:

Solid first tho today, Baez triple, Bryant single, Rizzo single, Schwarber single. My kinda innings. :pimp: Let's have 7 more of those today please.

Back
Top Bottom