Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Horrific loss today. :smh:

One out away from another win for Lester, and Motte blows it, and Soriano gives up a 2 out, 2 run homer in the 10th. :x

Wind blowin out, and they score 3 runs, on 2 homers. :smh:

Starlin has fallen under .240 now. |I

Can't do it. :lol:

I have faith in Starlin, and I know we can buy pitching later, I don't want to thin the heard even more. Even with Starlin we're struggling to score runs right now. Even fewer bats isn't gonna help.

Just have to remind myself to stay patient, just all these rumors have me anxious. :lol:

Theo pretty much sayin he won't overreact at the deadline. :smokin

Make a deal if you can make a good one, don't give away future assets for rentals that may not even pan out.

The bats really need to get going tho. Really, really need to get goin. :smh:

We are gonna lose our wild card spot if we havent yet. Not gonna make the playoffs this yr.

Lot of smoke around the Padres. SP Tyson Ross.

Starlin and/or Baez names keep coming up tho. :frown:

Shields, Kennedy, Venable also linked. Nothin on Upton or Kimbrel tho.

Ross tho....... :nerd:

Game starts, Double, Double, Walk, Double, Single........................................... :stoneface:

This is one of those things, Montero bein out? :nerd:

Schwarber has the bat, but he doesn't call the game the same as Montero/Ross just yet. That will come, in time, but not this year at least.

Our staff was DEALING before Montero's injury, no way it's a coincidence this is happening.

Game starts, Double, Double, Walk, Double, Single........................................... :stoneface:

This is one of those things, Montero bein out? :nerd:

Schwarber has the bat, but he doesn't call the game the same as Montero/Ross just yet. That will come, in time, but not this year at least.

Our staff was DEALING before Montero's injury, no way it's a coincidence this is happening.

Can we just start David Ross. Schwarber still has work to do. We have to get this under control. Teams has been scoring a lot of runs on us.

Trade off. Ross has ZERO bat.

So we can lose 3-2, or lose 7-4. :lol:

Bottom line, this is learning and growth for all these kids. But we aren't ready, this year. We were never gonna be. Half the lineup was in Triple A in April.

Patience.

It appears that a trade with San Diego may be imminent. Castro and 18yr old Eloy Jiminez would be the central pieces involved.

Can't bench Schwarber kid needs the experience more than Ross' game calling. He's gotta learn at the Show. I really wouldn't sit here blaming Schwarber, let's be honest, guys like Dallas Beeler just aren't good pitchers.

Castro for Ross would be huge.

Lester with 5 K's thru 2, and Fowler with a leadoff HR. Much better start after this past week or so.

I don't want Castro, or Eloy dealt. :frown:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Lineup would get even younger if Castro was dealt.

Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Baez, Soler all babies, with Rizzo, Fowler, Montero and Coghlan the old dudes.

Lester was dealing yesterday. He finding his groove now.

Theo stated Castro wont be traded. I think we shouldn't trade anyway. Just be patience and wait on FA. Especially for David Price.

We only 2.5 games out the wild card. a lot of baseball to be played still.

Price being traded to the Jays is SPLENDID!!!!

He no longer is attached to our draft pick if/when we sign him, meaning we could pull him AND have the 18th-22nd pick or whatever.

Just have to hope he doesn't like Canada

Back
Top Bottom