Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

I love days where Jake Arrieta is pitching.

However........

How many times can you go to the well before a letdown? :frown:

He's been unbeatable since late July, but we can't keep expecting/demanding him to throw 8/9 Shutout innings every five days.

The whole team feels invincible with him on the mound. I'm nervous if/when he gives up 2 runs, will the team wilt, or respond????

I expect the Cards to try and do something to break his rhythm. Bunts, lean into pitches, step out, etc. They always try that "crafty" stuff for an edge.

One more Jake, please.

Fowler
Soler
Bryant
Rizzo
Castro
Schwarber
Russell
Montero
Arrieta

Literally our best lineup, goes today at what should be an electric Wrigley.

Jump the Cards early, let Jake pitch with a lead and then sub in OF defense late. (Jackson/Coghlan)

Still really can't believe Theo got another one. Just unreal what he's doin.

Course, Giants "had" him for 24 hours, he could always pull somethin like that on us, but if he sticks......... Jesus.

Under 26 in majors

Rizzo, Castro, Bryant, Schwarber, Soler, Baez, Russell

Under 21 on the farm

Torres, Jimenez, Almora, Happ, McKinney, Contreras, and now Eddy Julio Martinez.

Good God. :x :pimp:
There's multiple pieces that can be sold to land more help at the trade deadline next July.

Theo can sign Price, and still have enough to add a bat or arm to the mix, plus bullpen help.

Embarrassment of riches.

CP which one of the guys that are under 21 has the most potential?

Torres has been playing the best, so far, but Eloy Jimenez was technically the number one INTL prospect in 2013. (Torres was #3).

So its very close. And Eddy sounds to be right behind them.

They say hamstring tightness. He felt it twinge running to 3rd. That's a tricky one. Could be fine tomorrow, could be tight for weeks, never know. |I

They say hamstring tightness. He felt it twinge running to 3rd. That's a tricky one. Could be fine tomorrow, could be tight for weeks, never know. |I

Yeah it was costly. Wish it would have turned into a run, but hopefully Russell is back sooner than later.

Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and Javy Baez will do something amazing in his place. That would be the cool thing to do.....

Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiCubs 7s7 seconds ago
According to the Elias, Jorge Soler is the first player to reach base in his first 8 postseason plate appearances. Previous record was 5.

Soler, Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, and now Baez all with hits in the same game. All rookies. :lol: :pimp:

Theo :pimp:

I love days where Jake Arrieta is pitching.

However........

How many times can you go to the well before a letdown? :frown:

He's been unbeatable since late July, but we can't keep expecting/demanding him to throw 8/9 Shutout innings every five days.

The whole team feels invincible with him on the mound. I'm nervous if/when he gives up 2 runs, will the team wilt, or respond????

I expect the Cards to try and do something to break his rhythm. Bunts, lean into pitches, step out, etc. They always try that "crafty" stuff for an edge.

One more Jake, please.

|I

C'mon CP gotta stay optimistic about this.
I feel where your coming from cause I usually prepare myself for the worst, but this year is different. We've exceeded everyone's expectations so every game is just a bonus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom