Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

-Vogelsong wins 17+ Games (14 Last Season)
-Belt's breakout year with 20 HRs
-Giants win the West and will get Knocked off in NLCS

Go Giants and BEAT LA

Zito....14 wins this year.
Tim 10 wins tops, with ERA in the 4.2's.
Posey 30Hr's in running for MVP again
Pence will hit around .280 25 HR's 90 RBI's
Volgy will be the ACE this time around
Romo 40 + saves
Will add a bat before trade deadline
Wild card berth 91 wins for the Giants.
Belt will finally play better

Last edited:
Win division, but I can see us getting eliminated by either Reds, Nats, or Cards. Round doesn't matter.

Timmy gets 13 wins.
Zito gets 15 wins.
Posey will have similar stats, but McCutcheon will be just under Posey and win MVP.
Pence hits .265 85 RBI w/ 130 strikeouts.

ready to move on from the bitterness that was the 49ers :smh: and ready for another 162 from world champs!! repeat! :smokin

FTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

I see the Giants not making the playoffs before they get eliminated in them. They turn into another team in the playoffs. Anyways,

-Belt will bat over .300 and hit over 20 homeruns.
-Crawford will win the Gold Glove.

-Zito turns back into Zito of 2010. (He's golden in my eyes forever.)

- Matt Cain has a down year.

- Pagan has a 2011 year.

- Giants miss the playoffs because of injuries. (If Timmy and Pence have huge rebound years, then they will make the playoffs)

Crawford should have a decent season at the plate, too.

Last edited:
Total value up to around $188.4m w/ an option yr 21.4m and including the 8m figure he's already on.

@AlexPavlovic
BREAKING: Giants, Buster Posey agree to nine-year deal http://bit.ly/ZIM2lv
Damn! Nine years. Good for you guys. That contract is justifiable if he stays at catcher throughout those nine years (because that type of offensive production from that position is extremely atypical), but is there a chance of him ever switching positions?

Last edited:
I've been saying this for a while now, but I would eventually move Posey somewhere on the infield (other than first base). My choice would be second base a la Craig Biggio.

Posey deserves every penny. This guy has been a stud at every level and is off the greatest start to a professional career of any athlete in any sport. His hitting fundamentals are as good as it gets and when he moves out of catcher I think his power numbers will greatly increase. He's our version of Derek Jeter, Chipper Jones, etc.

Bumping the champions thread. Can't wait for tommorow.

Anyone going to the park to watch the game on the big screen?

Just get to the postseason without any major injuries and I'll take our chances from there.

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, C
Pence, RF
Belt, 1B
Torres, LF
Crawford, SS
Cain, RHP

Los Angeles Dodgers Lineup
Crawford, LF