Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

If Cain's elbow is cleaned up like they say it was, having a year where he only pitched 90 innings will be good for him. His arm probably needed it anyhow.

Have Madbum, Cain, get Lester then grab another lefty as a 4 spot then work on 'pen.

Pitching has been our key to sucess.

Torture. :smokin

I like your thinking. 
pimp.gif

I dont know that I want him for that money either.  I think we should go heavy on Yasmani Tomas AND Yoan Moncada.  See if they would be more likely to want to be some sort of package deal.  Put Tomas in left and move Moncada to third.  Lineup addressed.

I like going after Tomas, but those Cubans are unproven commodities and are a huge gamble. If I had to choose i'd rather allocate the money into our pitching.

Lester is the real deal, a tested and proven ace. Him and madbum in this rotation. 
sick.gif

pimp.gif

It all seems like a pipe dream right now, though.

Last edited:

I like going after Tomas, but those Cubans are unproven commodities and are a huge gamble. If I had to choose i'd rather allocate the money into our pitching.
Its that same thought process that made Jose Abreu pick the White Sox instead of us last offseason.  Yes, I know it worked out quite nicely.  But how awesome would it be to have him batting between Posey and Pence?

Its that same thought process that made Jose Abreu pick the White Sox instead of us last offseason.  Yes, I know it worked out quite nicely.  But how awesome would it be to have him batting between Posey and Pence?
too many righties! we'd have to split em up. but i like all aforementioned scenarios. 

Just curious, not saying I do not want him, but does Lester's inability to throw to first impact a decision on signing him.

I really hope we do not strikeout this offseason and end up overpaying mediocre players because we panic.

if the Cubs want to overpay for FA's let them. Given our championship runs, we can be competitive at market rates and FA's should want to come here.

if the Cubs want to overpay for FA's let them. Given our championship runs, we can be competitive at market rates and FA's should want to come here.
If Russell Martin got $80 million+, market rate means nothing anymore.  But I get what you're saying.  Instead of giving Lester a Matt Cainian type contract, I'd rather get two good pitchers to replace Peavy and Vogelsong.

And lets not forget we need to (hopefully) replace Romo and Machi in the pen.

MLB Trade Rumors had a pretty decent article on the Giants' offseason options.  Not sure most of them are entirely realistic but it's worth a read.  Putting Belt on the trading block has me intrigued. 

Yes, you get what I'm saying - exactly.

Cubs can throw out more dollars, that's fine...if it's clearly over a certain amount for whatever position, I'd rather build up with volume than concentration.

Nope, don't want him back. 

He did a great job in the playoffs. 

Or the hitters did a terrible job at working the count and waiting for the inevitable hanging slider. 

I've only followed Crick via box scores, but he walks too many hitters.  I wouldn't trust him until he started dominating in the minors which hasn't been the case yet. 

Back
Top Bottom