Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

Giants are hot and Heston continues to get the job done. I think they can make the Playoffs. They have the pieces to do well. Maybe get 1 or 2 pieces when the deadline comes? Either way, happy the Giants are hot.

I can dig it :pimp:

Would've never guessed it'd be so soon with how bad we were in April and how the Doyers were racking up W's. Been nice to see the bats coming through for this team.

Last edited:
pimp.gif

Williams Perez (0-0) 4.05 ERA, 1.65 WHIP vs. Tim Lincecum (5-2) 2.56 ERA, 1.25 WHIP

Atlanta Braves Lineup
Peterson, 2B (L)
Maybin, CF (R)
Freeman, 1B (L)
Markakis, RF (L)
Uribe, 3B (R)
Cunningham, LF (S)
Simmons, SS (R)
Bethancourt, C (R)
Perez, RHP (R)

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)
Panik, 2B (L)
Pence, RF R)
Belt, 1B (L)
Crawford, SS (L)
Pagan, CF (S)
Duffy, 3B (R)
Susac, C (R)
Lincecum, RHP (L)

Crawford definitely blew it (and he misplayed another ball last night) and the game should have been over.

But Bochy ****** up leaving Casilla in there.  He was leaving the ball up.  Atlanta has been seeing him well all series.  And Pierzynski is hitting .133 against left handers.  Why not give Lopez the ball? 

Definitely thought Lopez was coming in to replace Casilla who was not sharp and threw a lot of pitches two nights ago.

I hope this will be the last year for Affeldt and Casilla. They are both starting to show their age.

Gerrit Cole (7-2) 2.11 ERA, 1.09 WHIP vs. Ryan Vogelsong (4-2) 4.24 ERA, 1.35 WHIP

Pittsburgh Pirates Lineup
Harrison, 3B (R)
Polanco, RF (L)
McCutchen, CF (R)
Walker, 2B (L)
Marte, LF (R)
Alvarez, 1B (L)
Kang, SS (R)
Stewart, C (R)
Cole, RHP (R)

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Aoki, LF (L)
Panik, 2B (L)
Pence, RF (R)
Posey, C (R)
Belt, 1B (L)
Crawford, SS (L)
Pagan, CF (S)
Duffy, 3B (R)
Vogelsong, RHP (R)

It's always disappointing to settle for a split after winning the first two games of the series. I don't fault Bochy for not putting in Lopez and going lefty on lefty Casillia had been money up until then. Runs will be at a premium against the Pirates seeing the starters they have. Hopefully the pitching and defense can hold up because run will be hard to come by.

I'm kinda disappointed at Posey's lack of progress since winning the MVP years ago. Dude has been inconsistent and is far from the Superstar I'd hoped for. I expected him to be competing with the top dogs for MVP consistently by now in his career.

Last edited:
I'm kinda disappointed at Posey's lack of progress since winning the MVP years ago. Dude has been inconsistent and is far from the Superstar I'd hoped for. I expected him to be competing with the top dogs for MVP consistently by now in his career.

eh, being a catcher takes a toll in your body, we can see that happening with mauer. makes you wonder what kind of freak piazza and pudge though. if they want his hitting, he HAVE to move in a different position.

This can't be serious? This must be a joke..

eh, being a catcher takes a toll in your body, we can see that happening with mauer. makes you wonder what kind of freak piazza and pudge though. if they want his hitting, he HAVE to move in a different position.
Maybe if Susac played better we could keep him somewhere infield. It just seems like he's just been going cold for extended periods since last year. Sucks for Mauer too, I actually like him as a player also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom