Official 2023 San Francisco Giants Off-Season Thread - Jung Hoo Lee signs with SF 6-years $113 Million

D19BEF71-65AA-4742-8571-2063EE24762A.jpeg

Kapler worked with what he was given and even adjusted his managerial style that worked best for the team rather than manage based on 100% analytics. . Farhan should get some of the blame for the lack of success during the Kapler’s tenure.

IMO management heard the commotion from the fans and beat writers about how bad this current Giants product is. I feel Kapler was the odd man out because Greg Johnson and ownership need Farhan to help steer the ship in finding the next manager that Ohtani would consider playing for (lol)

Regardless, I think Farhan will be gone too. Posey supposedly is going to be involved this offseason in the managerial search, so we’ll see how that goes.

If anyone sees the old Nike authentic shell on clearance, even at the club house, lmk

Looking for a blank home cream

Not confident in what Farhan has planned in finding a manager and building out a new roster. Let's see who they sign as the next skipper. Old heads are saying Ron Wotus.

Sign whoever they need to sign to get on Ohtani's radar. Also sign Yoshinobu Yamamoto, the Pedro Martinez of Japanese baseball. Enough of this platoon pitching BS.

Webb
Harrison
Cobb (Maybe)
Yamamoto

The cold hard truth is Ohtani isn’t leaving to a team that doesn’t have WS potential. Even under the right skipper do we have a roster that could realistically make a WS run? Enough of a chance to sway Shohei from somewhere like LAD?

The cold hard truth is Ohtani isn’t leaving to a team that doesn’t have WS potential. Even under the right skipper do we have a roster that could realistically make a WS run? Enough of a chance to sway Shohei from somewhere like LAD?
I don't think the Giants have a chance at all to land Ohtani. BUT, what I do want to see is them be aggressive with their offer.

Regarding the roster, no. They need to add key players that can play everyday. Enough of the platooning outfield and go with the hot bat. Same with the pitching rotation.

They let AZ be the first team in MLB post history to hit 4 dingers in one inning :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom