Official 360 WAVES Thread VoL. Spring Season... Owwwwwwwwwwwwww

Been cutting my own hair for a month now too. My taper game has really improved. I'm so scared to attempt the half moon, though.

just been rockin' with my free range waves, i only wear a durag after i shower, wet, & style my hair, until i get to work, i'll let it wolf & get it cut like once a month... i don't like to tie my waves down to a life behind the durag, i let them run free & be blessed by the earth's elements as much as possible, i have really curly hair, so sometimes my line up be off, because i have the one big wave in the front of my head, i'd never wish my wavy/curly haired people problems on anyone.

Is anyone up on this new natural wave company ?

http://artof360waves.com/shop/
Just read the ingredients and they failed my standards test.

Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance/Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA,Glycerin

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/09/the-myth-of-natural-commercial-hair-products/
http://www.mirskincare.com/ingredients_to_avoid_in_cosmetics.html

:x no bueno

Sup fellow wavers. I got a quick question I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

Since I've had 360s (in my 20s, had them off and on since about 5yo), I've always had a problem with my hair being extremely dry after I wake up in the morning and take off my Durag. So before I leave to work, I have to put some oil or moisturizer in my hair to give it some shine and moisture. My hair stays moist the entire day but once I put my Durag on at night and wake up in the morning I have to do the same thing over again because my hair would look very dry and stiff looking after I take my Durag off.

I was wondering if a 100% silk Durag will help retain moisture in my hair while I sleep? I've been reading a lot of good things about them but just wanted to get some more opinions before I spend the extra $ to replace all the wavebuilder du rags I'll bought from Walmart over the years which also gets a lot good reviews but isn't working for me.

I may try sleeping without the Durag for a few nights to verify that the wavebuilder ones are drying out my hair but I am worried my waves won't look as good due to my hair not being fully laid down.

Lemme kno :nerd:

Thanks

Last edited:
hair cant stay moisturized if its compressed overnight, just keep doing your method every morning

Sup fellow wavers. I got a quick question I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

Since I've had 360s (in my 20s, had them off and on since about 5yo), I've always had a problem with my hair being extremely after I wake up in the morning and take off my Durag. So before I leave to work, I have to put some oil or moisturizer in my hair to give it some shine and moisture. My hair stays moist the entire day but once I put my Durag on at night and wake up in the morning I have to do the same thing over again because would look very dry and stiff looking after I take my Durag off.

I was wondering if a 100% silk Durag will help retain moisture in my hair while I sleep? I've been reading a lot of good things about them but just wanted to get some more opinions before I spend the extra $ to replace all the wavebuilder du rags I'll bought from Walmart over the years which also gets a lot good reviews but isn't working for me.

I may try sleeping without the Durag for a few nights to verify that the wavebuilder ones are drying out my hair but I am worried my waves won't look as good due to my hair not being fully laid down.

Lemme kno :nerd:

Thanks
Try changing the product, if no improvement then change the durag.

My hair just wasn't compatible with wavebuilder. It always a felt & looked dry.

I use sweet jamila & that so many waves durag & have no issues.

Thanks everyone for chiming in! I'm at work right now and my colleague expressed pretty much the same thing. Switching up my products will probably help but most likely I would still have to moisturize everyday anyways if my waves are going to stay on point.

All good advise [emoji]128077[/emoji]

After browsing the internet for an hour with no luck, I decided to research satin durags more. From what I read, it provides the same benefits as silk but doesn't have the issue of sliding off at night like silk.

So last week after work I ran into Sally's and chatting it up with the lady working there. She agreed with the benefits I told her I read about so I decided to go ahead and cop 2 to try out. 1 was called firstline evolve satin wrap scarf & the other was called firstline wav enforcer spin premium. They are both made by the same company but the firstline wav enforcer one didn't say satin on the package though the lady working there assured me it was.

I've tried both of them out and so far I'm pretty impressed. My hair isn't as dry in the morning, though I still moisturize after I take it off. You may want to check satin out.

Last edited:
After browsing the internet for an hour with no luck, I decided to research satin durags more. From what I read, it provides the same benefits a silk but doesn't have the issue of sliding off at night like silk.

So last week after work I ran into Sally's and chatting it up with the lady working there. She agreed with the benefits I told her I read about so I decided to go ahead and cop 2 to try out. 1 was called firstline evolve satin wrap scarf & the other was called firstline wav enforcer. They are both made by the same company but the firstline wav enforcer one didn't say satin on the package though the lady working there assured me it was.

I've tried both of them out and so far I'm pretty impressed. My hair isn't as dry in the morning, though I still moisturize after I take it off. You may one to check satin out.
Good looking out on the info fam..I also have the same problem with my hair kinda being dry whenever I wake up..I think i'm gonna check out those satin wrap joints you talked about..

I use different products depending on the length of my hair.... been using some castor oil grease which is good up to a 2 but after that i need some good moisturizers to keep it looking fresh for 9 hours....

Put in 5 mins every morning after my workout ...

- conditioner
- grease × creme x or pomade if wolfing for a few weeks...
-brush
-durag

Take my rag off 10-15 mins b4 i step into the office

I'm back! Been gone a month or 2...what did I missed? What y'all brush brands look like? Anybody just started waving for the 1st time?

You anit miss nothing new pretty much. Idk bout most people but I've been slacking on my brushing smh

Back
Top Bottom