Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

after the 6s I just can't believe the direction they went with them
honestly it reminds me of the rose 2 and the adizero rose crazy light. both are really light, all about performance over looks, and not bulky. i just think they could have done something that looks a little better with the laces straps. the rest of it looks good.

Last edited:
I'm all for "performance first looks second" philosophy but can't help but think that those lace straps would have been much better without the weird shape, not only would it be lighter (with less material if they just make is simpler) but also look better.

Those lace straps reminds of an unnecessary shape on the Lebrons.

i liking those drose 7..

but the drose 1.5 white toe is one of the greatest adidas kicks of all time..

I like the 7s,but the placement of the 3 stripes at the front seems off. I know, it's not the finish product, but so far it looks like "we need to put the 3 stripes somewhere. O, there's space here, let's put it here." Lol. O well, let's wait and see for the final product.

Sounds like I'm in the minority regarding the stripes on those supposed 7s. I like that they are trying something different with it and making them look a little less like brand marking. I'm thinking they would look nice if thinned out and shortened a bit. And if they make them 3M on some colorways it'll def get me to buy.

Chinese New Year releases 2/5 per adidas. Gonna pass. I hope they release the Chinas here.
CYDcg00UoAALhoS.jpg:large

Last edited:
Chinese New Year releases 2/5 per adidas. Gonna pass. I hope they release the Chinas here.
CYDcg00UoAALhoS.jpg:large
​Adidas is doing big things with their sigs that's for sure bcuz the designs on these too are fire, this is def the best lillard 2 cw to date and this, the anus, and the xeno's are top notch, guess Adidas isn't monkeying around this yr

I just received my Rose 6 in my real sizing 46 2/3eu (Adidas chart) which is 12eu, and it feels a lot better! My advice is to check the length of your shoe which fits you instead of the classic size number.

Last edited:
When are the black pairs going to release in the US?

edit: "Away" 01/07, "Home" 02/06

Last edited:
If the release date for the aways is 1/7 why aren't they available on any websites yet?

Ok checked around and Eastbay and footlocker has them set for the 15th.

I'm going to get the black ones. I just turned 34 and feel silly wearing loud kicks.

Last edited:

If the release date for the aways is 1/7 why aren't they available on any websites yet?

Ok checked around and Eastbay and footlocker has them set for the 15th.

I'm going to get the black ones. I just turned 34 and feel silly wearing loud kicks.
what makes you feel silly?

I personally feel like the more extreme styles and colors are for younger people. I'm not sure why I'd feel silly wearing like a pair of Lebrons or the Christmas colorway of the Rose 6 but I definitely would. Peacocking, in general, is for the young. But no hate towards anyone at any age that does wants to express themselves as such.

That said I'm still only 34. No need to rock the newest model of New Balance bball kicks just yet. I've liked the simplicity of the Kobe line. These Black Rose's are chill as well and I'm looking forward to experiencing this Boost that everyone is raving about.

I personally feel like the more extreme styles and colors are for younger people. I'm not sure why I'd feel silly wearing like a pair of Lebrons or the Christmas colorway of the Rose 6 but I definitely would. Peacocking, in general, is for the young. But no hate towards anyone at any age that does wants to express themselves as such.

That said I'm still only 34. No need to rock the newest model of New Balance bball kicks just yet. I've liked the simplicity of the Kobe line. These Black Rose's are chill as well and I'm looking forward to experiencing this Boost that everyone is raving about.
i can respect that, i'm 34, 35 end of Mar. and i'm just all over the place with colors, KD7 polka dots and Lebron12 prism both of which are kinda out there

Got my miadidas Rose's in right around the holidays.  Went with the Brain concept.  Really happy with these.  I'm 42 and still wear loud kicks, lol.

View media item 1862286
View media item 1862288
View media item 1862290
Got my miadidas Rose's in right around the holidays.  Went with the Brain concept.  Really happy with these.  I'm 42 and still wear loud kicks, lol.

Hey buddy, I'm right there with you!! I'm 39 and still wear crazy colors and such. I did a MiAdidas as well, and while not as loud, love the Blue (my favorite color) colorway on the textile upper. Plus, as a bonus, it got picked as one of the top 35 designs by s***********.com. Was on their site early this week. These shoes are fantastic & I may have to grab one more colorway before the 7's arrive.
View media item 1863385

Last edited:
My little review of the Rose 6 after 3 trainings!

I have the Rose 6 away (2nd half of the season cw, with a black mesh upper), I play indoor on a plastic textured floor which is not really clean.

Traction:

Really really good, it grips the floor well on every kinds of movements (lateral, frontal), you really can put preasure on the Adidas without feeling the traction stretching unlike the JCrossover 2 (I'm not saying the traction of the JCII is not good, but when you put a lot of preasure you can feel the traction blades stretching). The Rose 6 is as good as the Kobe 9, I need more time to tell if there is a difference.

Little bonus: I really like the teeth on the side of the outsoles and the extended traction part at the back like the ultraboost.

Cushion:

It's good, really good. I really feel the heel cushion and it's nice. I'm a lot less convinced by the forefoot cushion, I dont really feel it. I thought the boost will be unbelievable, maybe I was expecting too much because of all the comments. Maybe a little breaking time will make the forefoot more "cushiony". I'm not saying boost sucks clearly not, it's really good, I didnt feel any pain on my legs, I did have two shinsplints because of the Rose 4 which were hard as rock. It was a pain in the A** to get rid of this inflammation, so I'm really meticulous about cushioning. The boost on the Rose 6 is soft without squeezing to the hardness, I mean it feels like the cushion can handle a lot of pression without reaching and end. I'll add you do not feel really isolated from the floor like in the Lebron X even if the boost is pretty thick.

Little bonus: I really enjoyed the fact that the heel is a bit higher than the forefoot, it avoids a lot of problems like shinsplints because your calves do a little less course, as a result there is a little less stretching of the muscles. The Kobe 9 werent great on that point with the lunarlon really thin on the heel.

Material, fit and support:

The black mesh upper looks good, there is a lining under it which gives a great support, it's definitely not a woven upper but you have a real good flex, Adidas mixed the tech to have the best of both worlds. I'll go back to the lining to indroduce the support part, there is a thing that nobody speaks about. It's the weave of the lining for the heel area, the weave is horizontal. It seems not a big thing BUT it grips your feet inside the shoes, you can feel the friction with the socks when you put the Rose 6 on, it helps to keep your heel sticked to the sole. The Derrick signature shoe offers a great overall support, the upper, the heel straps and the flat sole give a large amount of stability, lockdown and support. Maybe there's a bit of slack in the forefoot but with an elite sock it disappears.

Little bonus: Adidas has a strange size chart so check the length of the shoe instead of the size number but it's a TTS shoe.

Overall:

The Rose 6 is a top shoe, there is no lack of anything, maybe the XX9 upper feels better on feet and it is softer but it doesnt give that feel of solidity, the Rose 6 is strong, it can handle a lot of pression whether it be from cutting, jumping or driving. If I have to go to war, I'll take the D-Rose 6!

It's only my thoughts, I hope it can help!

Last edited:

I have the Rose 6 away (2nd half of the season cw, with a black mesh upper), I play indoor on a plastic textured floor which is not really clean.

Traction:

Really really good, it grips the floor well on every kinds of movements (lateral, frontal), you really can put preasure on the Adidas without feeling the traction stretching unlike the JCrossover 2 (I'm not saying the traction of the JCII is not good, but when you put a lot of preasure you can feel the traction blades stretching). The Rose 6 is as good as the Kobe 9, I need more time to tell if there is a difference.

Little bonus: I really like the teeth on the side of the outsoles and the extended traction part at the back like the ultraboost.

Cushion:

It's good, really good. I really feel the heel cushion and it's nice. I'm a lot less convinced by the forefoot cushion, I dont really feel it. I thought the boost will be unbelievable, maybe I was expecting too much because of all the comments. Maybe a little breaking time will make the forefoot more "cushiony". I'm not saying boost sucks clearly not, it's really good, I didnt feel any pain on my legs, I did have two shinsplints because of the Rose 4 which were hard as rock. It was a pain in the A** to get rid of this inflammation, so I'm really meticulous about cushioning. The boost on the Rose 6 is soft without squeezing to the hardness, I mean it feels like the cushion can handle a lot of pression without reaching and end. I'll add you do not feel really isolated from the floor like in the Lebron X even if the boost is pretty thick.

Little bonus: I really enjoyed the fact that the heel is a bit higher than the forefoot, it avoids a lot of problems like shinsplints because your calves do a little less course, as a result there is a little less stretching of the muscles. The Kobe 9 werent great on that point with the lunarlon really thin on the heel.

Material, fit and support:

The black mesh upper looks good, there is a lining under it which gives a great support, it's definitely not a woven upper but you have a real good flex, Adidas mixed the tech to have the best of both worlds. I'll go back to the lining to indroduce the support part, there is a thing that nobody speaks about. It's the weave of the lining for the heel area, the weave is horizontal. It seems not a big thing BUT it grips your feet inside the shoes, you can feel the friction with the socks when you put the Rose 6 on, it helps to keep your heel sticked to the sole. The Derrick signature shoe offers a great overall support, the upper, the heel straps and the flat sole give a large amount of stability, lockdown and support. Maybe there's a bit of slack in the forefoot but with an elite sock it disappears.

Little bonus: Adidas has a strange size chart so check the length of the shoe instead of the size number but it's a TTS shoe.

Overall:

The Rose 6 is a top shoe, there is no lack of anything, maybe the XX9 upper feels better on feet and it is softer but it doesnt give that feel of solidity, the Rose 6 is strong, it can handle a lot of pression whether it be from cutting, jumping or driving. If I have to go to war, I'll take the D-Rose 6!

It's only my thoughts, I hope it can help!
How breathable is the upper (compared to Kobe 9 & XX9)? Are you happy with the upper or are you still interested in other uppers like primeknit?

I've heard people complain about having to re-lace these constantly, was containment or lockdown an issue for you?

Cushion:

I'd be interested to hear an update whether the forefoot breaks in because I experience somewhat the same thing with the Ultra Boost but to me it is the big drop between the heel and toe where the forefoot's boost is a bit too thin for me to a point where my forefoot starts to hurt after an hour or so of running.

You wrote that you like that on the shoe though so it might not bother you as much, in running I like there to be less drop from heel to toe but there also aren't any jumping in running so the difference might be there on the cushion preference.

Back
Top Bottom