Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

Is it true the translucent outsoles don't have the same traction as the solid outsoles
I have both types of outsoles, the solids have more bite than the translucent. If i had to rate them, I'd give the solid a 10 and the translucent an 8. They're both great, so you can't really go wrong with either one. Personally, I've played more games in the translucent than the solid. 

Can't find these shoes anywhere in stores to try on...
Yeah I'll comment on this, too.

My local footstores have the Harden's, Dame 3, Lillard 2, etc. So they definitely have the Adidas Basketball account, but D Rose 7 just less likely to be in stores. With the toe space and Adidas general fit issues, I'd really want to see and try these on in person.

Last edited:
I too would like to try these on in person, but can't find them, guess I just have to get them online and return if necessary

Got my xeno primeknits in yesterday, tried them out today while playing ball...1st impressions: Traction is great, fit is actually pretty good, forefoot cushion definitely underwhelming. Might just be too much shoe for my taste

Last edited:

Materials are great - the snakeskin texture feels good and they are durable as can be. Not really hard on the upper - they flex and play great. That toe cap is for real thick and stiff though. Didn't bother me playing but did affect the flex over the toes.

Materials are great - the snakeskin texture feels good and they are durable as can be. Not really hard on the upper - they flex and play great. That toe cap is for real thick and stiff though. Didn't bother me playing but did affect the flex over the toes.
Thanks duke. Did you happen to own any of the jacquard-ish versions and if so, do they fit the same?

Thanks duke. Did you happen to own any of the jacquard-ish versions and if so, do they fit the same?

Had the Chicago ice - lengthwise, heel, and midfoot the same. The shell toe gives it a little more volume, height wise, but nothing too bad. I've given both away or I would grab some pics.

Picked up a pair of the Rose7 PK only cause of the overwhelming number of extremely high reviews. I know everyone has their own preferences on a ball shoe but anyone else think that these are a little over rated? 

Coming from Clutchfit Drive 1 / Kobe 6

1. Rose 7 PK seems pretty bulky. (Size 11 for reference)

- Somehow I feel the weight difference even though its only a few oz

2. They are higher off the ground compared to the Clutchfit

- Can't cut as hard with them compared to my Clutchfit drive

3. And the highest selling point of the rose 7 pk being the boost. Honestly first pair of boost basketball shoes but do I need to break them in? I don't really feel how the cushioning is step above the other shoes. Heard you feel more boost in the CE so maybe need to get those.

- Expected it to be more soft but its more firm which I do like. Similar to the micro g I would say.

I am still thinking the clutchfit drive is overall a better shoe or am I out of my mind?

Last edited:
It depends on you what you like for a bball shoe. You also have to learn about the different models. The cushion also varies. The same cushion on two models can be different from each other... like the DRose and the CE.

DRose are known for being supportive and somewhat bulky. Kobe's are slim/bare minimum. Clutchfit is on the light side as well. You can't really have the same expectations with the DRose. People buying the DRose are expecting support and impact protection type cushion. This year's model supposedly has great traction, so those who place traction high will take a look as well. I'm one of those. lol. I prefer bounce over boost...so I'm waiting out for a bigger disco to give the traction a go.

It depends on you what you like for a bball shoe. You also have to learn about the different models. The cushion also varies. The same cushion on two models can be different from each other... like the DRose and the CE.

DRose are known for being supportive and somewhat bulky. Kobe's are slim/bare minimum. Clutchfit is on the light side as well. You can't really have the same expectations with the DRose. People buying the DRose are expecting support and impact protection type cushion. This year's model supposedly has great traction, so those who place traction high will take a look as well. I'm one of those. lol. I prefer bounce over boost...so I'm waiting out for a bigger disco to give the traction a go.
Thanks for your input. I never really recall hearing reviews saying it was bulky or it was under all the claims of "best ball shoe ever". This helps to set my expectations. Cheers!

One thing to keep in mind is that boost shoes will always be on the heavy side because of the rubber compound they use and how much they have to stuff in that mold.

DRose7s are bulky, similar to the DRose6 but it is mostly that ankle collar being heavily padded. The boost midsole also makes the shoe look bulky because of it's weight and just how it looks overall.

As for the boost feel, it's similar to UltraBoosts, it works for some and it doesn't for others. If you are more of a forefoot guys, the DRose7 might not work for you as the boost is pretty thin in that area, CE has a thicker boost I feel. Seems like the DRose7 was made to be closer to the ground so it has less boost there while the Crazy Explosives provides more cushion in the forefoot for a more "explosive" bounce back if you land more on your forefoot.

I'd recommend the Crazy Explosives if you have the chance to try them out though I do feel it is even more bulkier than the DRose7s.

If bulk is what worries you, there is a DRose7 lows and CE lows coming out or check out the CrazyLights but then when it comes to Adidas' lows, the problem because heel slippage.

Picked up a pair of the Rose7 PK only cause of the overwhelming number of extremely high reviews. I know everyone has their own preferences on a ball shoe but anyone else think that these are a little over rated? 

I am still thinking the clutchfit drive is overall a better shoe or am I out of my mind?
Not saying this in a mean way or trying to attack you or anything, but why would you question yourself for liking another shoe more?

As you said, people have their own preferences (you think the CF Drive is better than the Rose 7).  If anyone came in here and said they prefer to play in running shoes or budget models over the latest Jordans or Kobes, I wouldn't doubt them.  I detest shoes that many people love and I like shoes that many people hate.

You know they will. Like, probably next week.
Quick question what happened to the tent sales? Last year I was catching all the good gear.

Probably cleared the inventory they had last year so they are waiting for the inventory to pile up before starting up again. Seems like Fall/Winter is when they usually have it. But check on Eventbrite website (search adidas) that's where they'll post upcoming events/sales.

Not saying this in a mean way or trying to attack you or anything, but why would you question yourself for liking another shoe more?

As you said, people have their own preferences (you think the CF Drive is better than the Rose 7).  If anyone came in here and said they prefer to play in running shoes or budget models over the latest Jordans or Kobes, I wouldn't doubt them.  I detest shoes that many people love and I like shoes that many people hate.
No worries. Only doubted myself cause typically what I felt about ball shoes aligned with the general consensus of reviews. This one was way off so wanted to get some more opinions. Did return the rose 7 though, definitely was not my type of shoe. Thanks!

Another question I had the rose 6. Wrote a review on my IG @juiceb****low .Interested in the 7 read a variety of reviews. How fast does the shoe play? I loved the containment of the 6 and the looks (never take all white shoes outside. But the shoe played slower as compared to my Lillard 1 and 2. Played slower as in my foot would sink, and relax with all the cushioning not great court feel. Is the 7 more of the same? Hopefully tent sales in March

Another question I had the rose 6. Wrote a review on my IG @juiceb****low .Interested in the 7 read a variety of reviews. How fast does the shoe play? I loved the containment of the 6 and the looks (never take all white shoes outside. But the shoe played slower as compared to my Lillard 1 and 2. Played slower as in my foot would sink, and relax with all the cushioning not great court feel. Is the 7 more of the same? Hopefully tent sales in March

Rose 7 has better court feel overall. If the court feel is too much you can drop in thicker insole. The heel has enough cushion for impact protection. The lockdown and containment is better than the 6. I don't find it restricting either because of the soft collar. Rose 6 has slightly better traction imo. Cop the 7 from a tent sale if available.

Anyone with wide feet wear these casually yet? I wanna buy the all black prime knit for everyday work shoes. But not sure about the fit. Do they fit exactly like the crazy light boost 16? 
Tried the Primeknit ones and they felt really snug. Usually wear an 11 but I had to go 1 biggier. They look straight EN FUEGO on feet and in the counter.

Back
Top Bottom