OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

The Nike Air Force 1 Low “Puerto Rico” has gotta be one of the most detailed Uptown releases we’ve ever seen. The sneaker packs in a lasered look, baseball stitching, and some beautiful leather sections in what ends up looking like a Bespoke creation. Of course this isn’t the first time that the “Puerto Rico” them has been slapped on a Nike Air Force 1 Low, but we’re going to go ahead and say that it’s the best yet in that very specific lineage. Continue reading to get an in-depth preview of this upcoming Nike Air Force 1 Low release check in with us for release info as soon as it’s available.

I like everything EXCEPT that blue suede around the toebox makes the toebox look weird. and i hate that baseball stitching. PROBABLY wont get but i guess i gotta see it in person

got these a little over a week ago, ordered them feb 19th got them on april 16th (2 weeks longer than estimated delivery on receipt).

black nubuck, all black sole, cool grey "air", black YOTS symbol on heel tab

That black nubuck is not looking so good.... I hope the look better in person

No offense

Last edited:
I'd actually like to see those without the flash. I think the nubuck will look more black I think it's just that photo. They look good though. Shape is on point.

It seems the blazer pack has become the suede pack ....

Releasing in purple, navy, red, grey, royal, and green in May.

I was against the off white soles but I'm gonna have to see what the navys, purples, and greens look like in person.

Maybe the "vintage" look can be wiped off like the am90s and kos

Last edited:
Question - Looking at buying a pr from around 2001-2002. Does anybody remember the leather quality on GRs from that period? Is there a specific yr. where materials - specifically leather - went thru the shift that leaves us where we are today?

It's a pr I remember having but 10+ yrs later I can't remember how the leather was.

Question - Looking at buying a pr from around 2001-2002. Does anybody remember the leather quality on GRs from that period? Is there a specific yr. where materials - specifically leather - went thru the shift that leaves us where we are today?

It's a pr I remember having but 10+ yrs later I can't remember how the leather was.

You'd get better/more perspectives in the Team AF1 thread.

But, IMO in the early 2000s good materials were still the norm, but there were pairs here and there that didn't live up to the standard. 2004 started the true nosedive.

I don't have any of the PR pairs, but 2001 was a fantastic years for Forces, overall. You should be good money there.

^^^ yeah I'd say 04-05 is when we started to see the quality of forces decline so that if you weren't buying a marked up premium or ltd pair, you were getting plastic. 03 or earlier you should be good.

which colorway? I have all of the PR's except the first pair, but know pretty much every pair I owned used the cheaper leather, the all red ones creased the most

Nah that was "pr" for pair. My bad.

Thanks for the info Pana & Bip. I may give'em a shot. I don't remember some of the early 2000s having great leather but it was clearly above the stuff seen on GRs today.

^^^ yeah I'd say 04-05 is when we started to see the quality of forces decline so that if you weren't buying a marked up premium or ltd pair, you were getting plastic. 03 or earlier you should be good.

Pana I think they made the switch to plastic in late '03. There was a Black/Gum Hi that dropped in the winter season (in Canada) that was too glossy when compared to the other pairs we had in the store. Can anyone confirm if that particular pair signaled the tolling of the bells for the GR/Basic AF1?

Pana I think they made the switch to plastic in late '03. There was a Black/Gum Hi that dropped in the winter season (in Canada) that was too glossy when compared to the other pairs we had in the store. Can anyone confirm if that particular pair signaled the tolling of the bells for the GR/Basic AF1?
i remember that pair but i thought they released in 04. in the US and i thought they held up well

Oh yeah, I think that was late 03, good memory. I think that might have been some of the decline but I also feel like when they went through the patent leather phase from like late 04 to probably early 07 they forgot how to make them out of actual leather.

i remember that pair but i thought they released in 04. in the US and i thought they held up well

Funny thing Hare, but the quality of 'pleather' has gone down with time too. Those joints were actually more pliable than the rigid, cardboard-like junk they've been using since '09.

Funny thing Hare, but the quality of 'pleather' has gone down with time too. Those joints were actually more pliable than the rigid, cardboard-like junk they've been using since '09.
U know what ur right but I didn't really start noticing until those Tuskegee af1 Mids. The leather on those were horrible. Lovely shoe horrible leather
Hmmmm wouldn't mind another ds size 8.5 of em though.

Also what's the actual significance of the air force one 07 or Air Force one 03 That appears on some boxes, is that indicative of the shape or something? And if so why would they designate or change the shape on specific or different releases

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I think that was late 03, good memory. I think that might have been some of the decline but I also feel like when they went through the patent leather phase from like late 04 to probably early 07 they forgot how to make them out of actual leather.

Another interesting thing Pana is that they actually switched from the softer, thicker patent leather in '03 to the stiff, thinner patent leather in '04. The '03 Sheeds (White/White) were really comfy whereas the '04 (Red) pair was quite stiff. AF1 popularity was at all time high then (2003) - Nelly had dropped 'Urrr Force Ones' the year prior and I remember cats coming into my store, standing beside our AF1s and asking: 'Yo, do you sell Uptowns here?' :lol: :smh:

I personally think that Nike went hard with the patent from '04 to '07 to essentially get people away from forking over $200+ for Nigo's AF1 knockoff - the Bapesta. In '06 it was damn near impossible to find a non-patent leather AF1.

U know what ur right but I didn't really start noticing until those Tuskegee af1 Mids. The leather on those were horrible. Lovely shoe horrible leather
Hmmmm wouldn't mind another ds size 8.5 of em though.

Also what's the actual significance of the air force one 07 or Air Force one 03 That appears on some boxes, is that indicative of the shape or something? And if so why would they designate or change the shape on specific or different releases

From what I remember they had messed with the 'tooling' (AF1 molds) in '07 on top of introducing the tier system (Basic/Premium/Supreme), switching to a rectangular medallion from oval and updating the packaging (Grey/Black boxes). I had started working retail in '03 so I don't have the actual scoop on the '03 designation but it indicates some kind of tweak to the overall construction.

I'm sure you have some XXV pairs Hare but Basic, Premium and Supreme were all shaped differently. Basic had this crazy 'Herman Muster/platform' silhouette while Premium had a slightly sleeker silhouette while Supreme had 'rolled edges' and a silhouette that was in between Basic & Premium.

It was complete chaos and a total disaster - they flooded the AF1 market and I remember factory outlets holding XXV pairs well into 2010!

Back
Top Bottom